"clocking" your speed

5spd'r

Reaction score
In case you're trying to figure your actual speed and you don't have a GPS, find a road with mile markers, and keeping steady speed, time the mile with a stopwatch and divide this number into 3600 ( the number of seconds in an hour). I do this with the semis I drive and they're usually off by 2mph or more.

nexTOme

Reaction score
My cg had pretty accurate speedo and it had pretty high miles too.
It had nearly 180k miles. I never realized how inaccurate these speedo are till recently.
So far my cm seems to be pretty accurate. :)

jdm00accord

Reaction score
Are your rims and tires upto appropriate spec?

im pretty sure everythings right but idk anything about rim or tire sizes i have 16" rims and i assume the shop runs the appropriate tires for my rim size. ive been running the same style bridgestone insignias for like 3 years. i figured my spedo wouldnt be dead on or anything anyways. but atleast the gps tells me my speed.

edit: oh and the gps reads exactly 5mph UNDER what my spedo tells me

jdm00accord

Reaction score
i mean i dont speed or anything, my kids in the car with me more than half the time so i dont really consider this to be a problem.

TheHunter

Reaction score
I prefer the speedo to say higher than what you're really going. That way I'm less likely to really speed. (Going 5 over is actually just going the speed limit!)

Back