Brake Issue....

99HonAccord

Reaction score
Here we gooooooooo :bs2:
Recently my 6thgen time to time has been feeling SLUGISH (SLOW, hesitated). My car feels like im hauling something and my break peddle gets pretty hard but doesn't effect my braking power I Just break harder being the peddle is hard! So today I'm driving and I have my car on DRIVE ( the car suppose to roll slowly) well the car wasn't moving and you can hear the pads on the disc; like if the pistons were ceased but pistons being ceased im not sure if it will effect the brake peddle from getting hard my question is can it be my proportioning valve or my caliper ? Hopefully I didn't confuse anyone

1999 Honda Accord Ex Disc front and back

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
well i am somewhat confused, but i can tell you for sure to STOP DRIVING IN IT until you resolve the issue. You're only going to cause a wreck or damage your vehicle. Second. The easiest check is to simply pull off the wheel and check the calipers yourself. maybe bleed the lines, and change out the fluid. This is the only way to cover your bases, and if your anything like everyone else, no one does it when they are supposed to.

99HonAccord

Reaction score
well i am somewhat confused, but i can tell you for sure to STOP DRIVING IN IT until you resolve the issue. You're only going to cause a wreck or damage your vehicle. Second. The easiest check is to simply pull off the wheel and check the calipers yourself. maybe bleed the lines, and change out the fluid. This is the only way to cover your bases, and if your anything like everyone else, no one does it when they are supposed to.

I will be changing the fluid tomorrow and bleeding the line. Its not something that happens all the time just happens time to time but when it does happen my brake peddle gets harder then normal as, me just having to tap the brake peddle softly and i'm already braking massively. and the car feeling like im driving with my foot on the brake and gas at the same time but i dont smell burnt brakes or anything and i usually check get out and see how my disc are looking but they look fine. I'll take it to the mechanic tomorrow and see what stupid story they'll try and tell me.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
The word is pedal.

Have your brakes ever been replaced?

Sounds to me like you have run the brakes hard enough and long enough to glaze the rotors. Take them off and turn them on a lathe at a brake shop.

Last edited:

imaricer:)

Reaction score
check your brake pads 1st. if they look thin or are worn unevenly stop driving because you are damaging your calipers.

if all you needed was a brake bleed the pedal wouldnt be hard it would be soft.

your issue sounds to me like the calipers are going out...

99HonAccord

Reaction score
My brakes and rotors are about a year old I don't do much driving but school and work and the rotors and brake pads are OEM from honda

Drift

Reaction score
If you were to keep your foot lightly on the brake pedal, and turn the engine on or off, does the pedal move up or down by itself? Im wondering if there is something wrong with the check valve in the booster line.

nsjames

Reaction score
vacuum leak.

causes the hesitation and the hard pedal. Start checking the vacuum lines carefully.

99HonAccord

Reaction score
If you were to keep your foot lightly on the brake pedal, and turn the engine on or off, does the pedal move up or down by itself? Im wondering if there is something wrong with the check valve in the booster line.
No the peddle stays hard but after i leave it alone and go on with my business and come back the peddle is back to normal
vacuum leak.

causes the hesitation and the hard pedal. Start checking the vacuum lines carefully.
I will check this tomorrow thanks

99HonAccord

Reaction score
Well, I change my break fluid. My mechanic said the oil look contaminated when I looked at it the oil looked greasy with like grease spots he said the previous owner might had put something else in it. Well, the problem didn't go away and as i drive my car and step on the brake the peddle gets harder FML

Back