(Update!) My new wheels!!!!!!!!

kevo

Reaction score
Re: My new wheels!!!!!!!!

Wheels without lowering just makes it sit higher. So usually you would spend money to get lower equipment, and then after saving money again buy wheels. It really only matters if you care about the height. I don't care about the height that much so I would probably do the same as you.

So what your saying is as long as you have the cash flow then youll be alright either way

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score

Oh yeah dude haha

If you got money, wait to put on the wheels once you have suspension. Unless you're like me, to eager to wait. :D

kevo

Reaction score

Oh yeah dude haha

If you got money, wait to put on the wheels once you have suspension. Unless you're like me, to eager to wait. :D

It'll probably be a couple weeks I need tires:eusa_doh: waiting to see if my buddy can get my yoks for under 500

slowrider87

Reaction score

New wheels at stock height just looks funny to most. In reality it doesn't matter. I put my lip on before lowering. It looked funnier than wheels. But I didn't care.... Much. Lol. We all do things in different orders. Who's to say its right or wrong when there is no right or wrong. One step at a time,

kevo

Reaction score

Oh yeah but when its all done man I tell ya it'll look super clean I can't wait

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

The reason people say lower the car before putting on wheels is that plus sized wheels at stock height just does not look good. I think you can get away with putting on 17’s before lowering (I did), but 18’s and larger tend to look pretty bad on a non-lowered 6GA, just because with bigger wheels you need lower profile tires…and tires with thinner sidewalls make a car look like it’s sitting really high, and makes the wheels look really small. Like someone else said, this is only a matter of aesthetics.

The other reason people say it is if you’re going to slam the car, you want to know what sort of fitment you’ll need first. So you lower the car so you know what width/offset to look for based on your drop and what it does to the wheel space. But if you’re only lowering an inch or two, this doesn’t really apply.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Nothing wrong with the wheels are the centre caps they come with.

If you like it, then set things up how you want.

It will always be suggested you lower the car first. You can get away with keeping the stock wheels on because some of them don't look that bad on a lowered car.

Great deal on the rims, but if you could have waited and saved up for suspension first and then get wheels, I would suggested that.

There is no need to rush and mod, be patient and get what you want the first time.

Bax

Reaction score

It will always be suggested you lower the car first. You can get away with keeping the stock wheels on because some of them don't look that bad on a lowered car.

I can live with my hubcaps on my car, so I agree. :jae:

kevo

Reaction score

Well I don't plan on putting the wheels on yet guys I still need to get them powder coated ,I need to wait for this deal to hit on my yokahamas, but I only plan on lowering the 2.5/2.25 with the help.of ground controls and eibach sport plus system ( koni yellows later on) i have plenty of time to lower before the wheels

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Well I don't plan on putting the wheels on yet guys I still need to get them powder coated ,I need to wait for this deal to hit on my yokahamas, but I only plan on lowering the 2.5/2.25 with the help.of ground controls and eibach sport plus system ( koni yellows later on) i have plenty of time to lower before the wheels

But this is what I am talking about, why do one suspension setup and upgrade later on, just save up and upgrade the suspension one time.

Back