*New Pics up Page 27* New wheel set-up ideas

J30MAN

Reaction score
Re: *Pic Heavy* New wheel set-up ideas

^That’s where wheel width comes into play. Your Si wheels are 17x7 (I think?) and my A-Specs are 18x8. And they are different styles as well.

The only stock wheels I’ve heard of getting close to the caliper bracket are the Si’s Mike mentioned, and the non-TypeS RSX rims.

Honda is notorious for high offset OEM rims. And factory TL base rims clear the BBK’s that came on factory on Type-S’s and A-Specs. So you’ll be fine with all the options you posted, John.

And generally, the lower the offset is, the more you have to be worried about clearing calipers, etc.

Alright thanks Chris. I was confused because my current wheels are 17x7 +43 and I have miles of room between the caliper and wheels.

Mikey

Reaction score

Alright thanks Chris. I was confused because my current wheels are 17x7 +43 and I have miles of room between the caliper and wheels.
Must be the shape then cuz the Si are 17x7 +45 and I had to shave the bracket. So its either wheel shape or the v6 bracket, lol.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

Every wheel is different. It's all about the spoke thickness/design. Generally HIGHER offset (+50, +55) will not clear calipers, because the majority of the wheel is deeper in the wheel well. Low offset (+30, whatever) usually give more clearance because the spokes tend to push out towards the lip of the wheel as you get away from the hub.

Where did you guys hear lower offsets have a harder time clearing brakes? :thinking:

Mikey

Reaction score

I think the problem is in terminology. Ive always heard, and referred to, "low offset" being a higher number, +50, +55, etc. and "high offset" being a lower number, +10, +15, etc.

Researched and.....Im a crackhead.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

My understanding is that higher offsets (which I always thought equated to a higher number) are less likely to have clearance issues because with the hub of the rim being further out (further from the rotor), the “spokes” of the rim would have to curve inward drastically to even come close to the touching the caliper.

Whereas lower offsets (which I thought equated to a lower number) were more likely to have clearance issues because the hub of the wheel is further inward (toward the rotor), and the “spokes” have to still protrude outward enough to get around and over the caliper. If that makes sense.

For example, like I said my A-Specs are +45 and easily clear the caliper bracket…plenty of room. But the RH’s I had were +42, and there was only around 1/4” of clearance.

But now I am second guessing myself because the OEM EX wheels are +55, and they were closer to the calipers than my A-specs are. But then again the EX wheels are only 6.5" wide, and the A-Specs are 8" wide. :thinking:

I’m going to say that it mostly depends on the style of the wheel, and how wide it is. Not sure how else to quantify this, lol.

J30MAN

Reaction score

Here you go Kevin,

NormalNSXwheels.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score

^That is also a good look.

Still sold on the 8th Gen Coupe wheels though.

J30MAN

Reaction score

^That is also a good look.

Still sold on the 8th Gen Coupe wheels though.

I'm so with you Derek haha....I think no matter what I will be buying some 8th gen wheels haha.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

It's just the right thing to do, John.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

Ooh, I do like those.... the earlier machined set would be even nicer.

Back