"IMPORTANT" HELP weird noise

JetLife

Reaction score
So today i lowered my car. i got KYB GR-2's in the front paired with tien S.techs. it was riding great earlier, but suddenly a scratching noise started to come from the left front. Im freaking out. any ideas?
Thanks

JetLife

Reaction score
idk how to explain it like when I'm driving theres a scratching noise coming from there. I'm really nervous. I'm on the verge of going up the street in the morning have having a garage take a look at it and just pay them way to much for them to fix something prob very simple.
Its almost like a rattling/ scratching noise

its not tire rubbing noise*

Last edited:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
You seem to have an abundance of money for fixing the car but not modding it haha wish I could help but I can't even picture the noise you're talking about.

I guess first off make sure everything is tight down.

JetLife

Reaction score
Does it get louder with speed?
Does it happen only when u hit bumps?
No it actually goes away i think with speed, or it just drowns out. and idk i stayed away from bumps after it started. but i did once or twice and it didn't sounds good ;/
You seem to have an abundance of money for fixing the car but not modding it haha wish I could help but I can't even picture the noise you're talking about.

I guess first off make sure everything is tight down.

LMAO i know right! yeahhhh thats what I'm gonna do tomorrow. my friends coming over to take a look at it. hopefully he figures it out

simon_y

Reaction score
Check your metal dust shield behind your rotor. You might have bent it or pushed it in while installing the shocks and it could be rubbing or scraping your rotor. Worth a check.

JetLife

Reaction score
So everyone i found out what that noise was.... my idiot friend who put my suspension on put my front left strut wishbone on backwards, causing it to rub against my axle.... -__-

Back