H22 Swap

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Did you replace the factory ECT sensor to mount the sender? It shouldnt cause a CEL, but if it was installed incorrectly, it most definitely can cause a CEL.

Honestly dont know, I had a shop do my swap and I think they also shorted something because whenever I signal, my rpm needle jumps up and down. I'll take it back to them and see if they replaced the ECT sensor.

Drift

Reaction score
Honestly dont know, I had a shop do my swap and I think they also shorted something because whenever I signal, my rpm needle jumps up and down. I'll take it back to them and see if they replaced the ECT sensor.

It sounds like you have more than one issue going on at once. Problems like this, ones that are created be crappy work, are super hard to figure out with out having the car in front of me.

Who was the shop that did the work? Are they reputable?

Cpyro

Reaction score
Man, im gonna have to pick me up an H22 w/ auto tranny (yes thats right auto lol) and have u prep it for a drop in coupe lol, a lil more power plus the lazyness of auto :D

Drift

Reaction score
Man, im gonna have to pick me up an H22 w/ auto tranny (yes thats right auto lol) and have u prep it for a drop in coupe lol, a lil more power plus the lazyness of auto :D

My H22 is for sale. In fact, the whole swap is for sale, engine, exhaust, power steering line, tuned ECU, pre-made engine harness. . .

Let me know if you're interested.

Cpyro

Reaction score
hmmm, gotta get my brother a new tranny first (03 trail blazer). You selling it with the tranny or just the engine?

Drift

Reaction score
hmmm, gotta get my brother a new tranny first (03 trail blazer). You selling it with the tranny or just the engine?

Nah, just the engine. I only have one tranny, and its on my f23a5 right now.

clutchkiickerr

Reaction score
I am wondering if you made your accord obd1 and if u did most people use a p28 or did the motor comes with a obd1 ecu.???
I'm asking because I'm saving up to buy a H22A type s 97+ and I'm wondering if I will be needing that skunk2 harness you used on your swap or will the prelude ecu plug into my dash harness.
My plans are to keep the car obd2 since the motor is a obd2, I figure that it will bolt up, plug and play kind of swap or am I wrong

Drift

Reaction score
I am wondering if you made your accord obd1 and if u did most people use a p28 or did the motor comes with a obd1 ecu.???
I'm asking because I'm saving up to buy a H22A type s 97+ and I'm wondering if I will be needing that skunk2 harness you used on your swap or will the prelude ecu plug into my dash harness.
My plans are to keep the car obd2 since the motor is a obd2, I figure that it will bolt up, plug and play kind of swap or am I wrong

Yes, I swapped to OBDI so I could have the ability to tune the ecu for the engine and the mods that I did.

You will need an OBDIIA-->OBDIIB adaptor harness if you want to remain OBDII. You'll also need to remove the immobilizer from the prelude ecu to get the car to start.

Back