My fog lights - Blazer fogs [Update with pics]

Raul

Reaction score
I have blazer fogs (not from chevy blazer) with ion/blue coated lens. They are tiny and I am not satisfied with the light output. I was wondering instead of those projectors, if I could use projectors from the halo lights? At least beams from those would be wider and better. So basically I want to use blazer fogs wiring harness with different projectors (H1 bulb, blazers have 881 bulb).

I want to make my fogs very functional. At this moment, blazers arent the best but I know if I put HIDs in them, they will be. However, if I do use HID, I might as well use bigger kit in bigger projectors for maximum output :).

Pics
IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg

IMG_4441.jpg

I was trying to fix the cutoff of driver side fog and broke the bulb holder :(
IMG_4442.jpg

Again, my question is: Can I use any other bigger projector with the wiring harness from these fogs?

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: My fog lights - Blazer fogs

What are you going to use to encase the projectors? It sounds like the Blazer housing is too small? I'm assuming you aren't mounting the projector itself to the car.

Raul

Reaction score
Re: My fog lights - Blazer fogs

For example, if I use TYC projectors, they already have that black encasing. I have to make custom brackets to install them into bumper though. The blazers lens is only 1.5", which makes sense to have a low output. Also our cars' noses are long, so when the fogs are on, I still cant see any difference.

:bump:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
I was trying to fix the cutoff of driver side fog and broke the bulb holder :(
IMG_4442.jpg

Again, my question is: Can I use any other bigger projector with the wiring harness from these fogs?
ironic that lots of people want the blazers... :lawl:

in any case, that output is not normal...for any fog light. im wondering why theres a plastic spacer on the base of that bulb...i'd try to locate pics of another bulb (880? 88x-something like that) since a bulb further back in the housing would reduce output. or a bulb in the wrong spot in the projector would also cause loss of light.

but yeah...the harness is ok with whatever...its just a positive and negative run to each bulb, through a relay, hooked to the battery.

Raul

Reaction score
^^thanks ryan. I am thinking of using TYC projectors. With 3000K hid, they should be quite functional, right?:boink:

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
yeah dude, with 3000k they'll be actually useful :lawl:

like take before and after pics so you can see the spread pattern on the road

it will improve drastically.

Back