Suspension problem.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
So a few minutes ago, when I was driving home on a backroad, not for time reasons but cause it's fun, and I ran into a problem. So I went around a turn where on the right side theres a pot hole crack thing.. line an elongated pot hole, maybe an inch in depth. And when my right wheels went over it, like they have a hundred times before, but this time there was like a smack sound in the rear. And now I feel like the right rear is leaning a little and feels softer then the rest, like it has more give. The leaning isn't visual but its not in my head. There's no fluid leaking or anything and it still rides perfectly fine, at least for now.

Any ideas what's going on?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Maybe your alignment went off after that bump? You can go get another alignment to see if it goes away.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine it being alignment. But I guess diagnostics isn't my major. Thanks for the suggestions.

Narftastic

Reaction score
it could maybe just be in your head....when ever i hit a pothole i get all paranoid and think my car is falling apart n everything feels diferent, but after like 10-15 min i calm down and everything feels normal lol

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Possibility. I do over think things with my car sometimes haha that's why I haven't mentioned it to my dad yet. I think I'll wait a little to see if its real. Just making sure its not a tell-tale sign of a shock going or something that would need to be replaced soon.

I doubt its in my head though.... But we'll see.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
why not avoid the pot hole all together?

i would have saved you from making a non-urgent thread in the "urgent" sub-forum..

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I put it in urgent as a precaution.. and I guess I could. But its small and I always just go over it instead of going off the road or in the other lane to avoid it.

ShaGGy21

Reaction score
it could maybe just be in your head....when ever i hit a pothole i get all paranoid and think my car is falling apart n everything feels diferent, but after like 10-15 min i calm down and everything feels normal lol

I get the exact same feeling lol

frantz954

Reaction score
i did the same thing two years ago and cracked the knuckle at the strut mount. felt weird and couldnt see anything till i did my suspension and a piece of metal came off with the strut. drove like that for a while too, not good.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Just take the wheel off and look around and see if anything looks broken, bent, damaged in anyway.

Back