DIY: How to easily adjust the handbrake/emergency brake handle.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
nice and repped... I need to do this..... my handbrake is crazy high haha

AngusTEx

Reaction score
This reminded me I've been needing to do this since last year.

Nice DIY.

DMaldonado93

Reaction score
I tried this because I recently bought my car and found out it had no handbrake at all so I figured I needed to tighten it so I did and now I have a small amount of stopping power from it.

I noticed when I was tightening it the 2 cables that would go back to the rear wheels were not even as I puled the brake. The one side had just a little more slack than the other and I couldn't tighten it anymore, the one side sounded like it was starting to rub. Anybody know what could be happening here?

WilDFirE

Reaction score
mine is already pretty tight, but might need a little more to get that wheel lock proper on dry pavement

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
I need to do this. I can pull my handbrake while at a slow speed and it doesn't lock up the rear brakes.

RawCarnage

Reaction score
Its not how many turns you recommenced. What you do is lift the rear or one side and tighten. Then goto the wheel and it should do one full turn no problem. Test both sides just in case. You dont want one too tight and have a squealing noise or dragging. I have to do this on mine badly. Mine wont even hold my car on a hill. I pull it at low speeds and it doesnt even do anything at all.

Back