maintenance required light blinks 10 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
hey guys,

i did some research, but i wanted to know what you guys think.

so today is like any other day, (for the most part) start my 6th GEN, my srs light stays on, and i drive, anyway...after driving for a bit, the next time i started my car, my MAINTENANCE REQUIRED LIGHT BLINKS 10 TIMES, i was like hmmm that's new, i've never seen that before, so i did some research and i only found something similar to a 2004 accord, people say it might be that the car may need an oil change, but i want to be sure. So just out of curiosity, i wonder if you guys know what it really means when the MAINTENANCE REQUIRED LIGHT BLINKS 10 TIMES?

please don't bash me, im still kinda new to cars

thanks in advance

LoveLee

Reaction score
change ur oil. but if it hasnt been at least 3k miles, just wait till the light comes on and STAYS on. blinks are like a warning.

qwerty101

Reaction score
well mine went through that stage. but now it stay ones. i changed my oil like 1000 miles ago. maybe spark plugs or timing belt?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
its a dumby light that comes on at certain intervals so you bring your car into the dealership so they can tell you all kinds of nonsense to get done on your car. the only thing that triggers it to come on is mileage.

turn your car off, hold the "reset" button on your dash in, count to 15....turn your car to "on" (dont start it) while still holding in "reset", keep holding it till the light goes off and youre set.

when it just blinks, then goes away, its just means that a maintenance interval is coming up. once it stays on, youre either at, or passed that interval.

qwerty101

Reaction score
ohhh well that makes sense cause im hitting the 80k mile mark...so i dont really gotta get new timing belt of plugs and **** or should i anyway

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
its a dumby light that comes on at certain intervals so you bring your car into the dealership so they can tell you all kinds of nonsense to get done on your car. The only thing that triggers it to come on is mileage.

Turn your car off, hold the "reset" button on your dash in, count to 15....turn your car to "on" (dont start it) while still holding in "reset", keep holding it till the light goes off and youre set.

When it just blinks, then goes away, its just means that a maintenance interval is coming up. Once it stays on, youre either at, or passed that interval.

thanks bro!!! Ima try it first thing tomorrow!!! I hope it works!!! :d

CG6-WASABI

Reaction score
ohhh well that makes sense cause im hitting the 80k mile mark...so i dont really gotta get new timing belt of plugs and **** or should i anyway

wow ONLY 80K!!! lucky punk, im at 198,xxx grrrrr

trying to save money so i can get my TSX lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back