AKoutmos' 2000 Accord Sedan DX *56*

Chorilored

Reaction score
Dope *** vid! cant wait till I get tuned! i got some ?'s for you Alex...

akoutmos

Reaction score
lol it is dropped and i like both the hood and the wing :p

hood shaved like 30 lbs off the cars weight

akoutmos

Reaction score
is the butt dyno whp or bhp? lol
anyway how should i prepare for a tune? i already have aem ems 1010, rdx injectors, MBC, anything i should look out for? just askin:poke:

lol. Butt dyno says 260 whp. The accord walked a Legacy GT from a 50 roll and my buddy's WRX with light mods (which makes around like 240 at the wheels). Those cars weigh about as much as the accord.

For a tune i would make sure everything is in check and tip top shape. All vacuum hoses are tied down. All leaks are taken care of, and you're wiring harness is ready for the EMS (if u are doing any modifications like a new MAP sensor or a wideband O2 sensor). The biggest thing though would be to make sure that the person tuning the car KNOWS AEM. Many tuners will run their mouth and say they know something when they don't to make after bucks. Research your tuner very well. The fate of the car lies in his hands. I can, and many people on the forum can give your horror stories to that effect.

If you have any questions about AEM or anything give me a call or PM me. It's one of the EMSs that i am most familiar with, and have tuned a lot with.

Chorilored

Reaction score
lol. Butt dyno says 260 whp. The accord walked a Legacy GT from a 50 roll and my buddy's WRX with light mods (which makes around like 240 at the wheels). Those cars weigh about as much as the accord.

For a tune i would make sure everything is in check and tip top shape. All vacuum hoses are tied down. All leaks are taken care of, and you're wiring harness is ready for the EMS (if u are doing any modifications like a new MAP sensor or a wideband O2 sensor). The biggest thing though would be to make sure that the person tuning the car KNOWS AEM. Many tuners will run their mouth and say they know something when they don't to make after bucks. Research your tuner very well. The fate of the car lies in his hands. I can, and many people on the forum can give your horror stories to that effect.

If you have any questions about AEM or anything give me a call or PM me. It's one of the EMSs that i am most familiar with, and have tuned a lot with.

I sure will dude, thanx alot for the support!

CleanWhiteHonda

Reaction score
This is a really interesting thread to me... not because its about a boosted accord.. but because its a DX... Ive never seen one in real life, but i know that they're f****** light. You should think about gutting it and making a thread that goes along with your weight reduction progress. I see you already have the cf hood and fenders, but it'd be cool to see what else you could do and how light you could actually go. Any idea on the current weight of the car? Thanks man

Back