Need help on diy SS clutch line

kashmeister

Reaction score
I was thinking...
Is it a bad idea to jb weld the fitting to the master cylinder?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
short cut around the OEM clutch line

RUS-641431
AER-FBM2610
EAR-63010172ERL
ATM-2266

Go to summitracing.com and buy thos parts. You won't have to buy or pull clutch lines off another 5speed accord. Cost I think $57 shipped to you.

don't know if this will help, but here ya go

kashmeister

Reaction score
don't know if this will help, but here ya go

This will work for any generation accord except for ours. All the other other use normal threaded metric connections.

Our gen uses quick disconnect fittings. No threads, flare sealed and a rubber x-ring to help keep the pressure. and a cotter pin to hold the line in.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Fun endeavor.. I hope you live up to your name, because it would suck to put down $ on a custom line just to find out that it don't work for sh*t.. Can you just source an OEM line anywhere? Pull-apart, junkyard, car-part.com? Or is an additional motive in this project for you to create something out of the ordinary?

kashmeister

Reaction score
Fun endeavor.. I hope you live up to your name, because it would suck to put down $ on a custom line just to find out that it don't work for sh*t.. Can you just source an OEM line anywhere? Pull-apart, junkyard, car-part.com? Or is an additional motive in this project for you to create something out of the ordinary?

Thanks. Yeah, I assumed it would world because the slave side was perfect. Right now it looks like it'll hold the pressure, but if now i can try some JB Weld. Jb weld suprising can hold a lot of PSI.

I could, but it'd take a long time. All the junkyards around only deal with big parts. I've already thrown the $ down, so why not make it work? :p

And also, if it does work, yes, I do plan on making a DIY thread.

It'll work... you gotta believe

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Oh I know it will work, anything can be made to work with enough dedication and thought put to it. Yeah, JB weld is the shiznit - it can hold serious PSI, as well as structural integrity. I have used it on intercooler piping, cracked oil pans, and I wouldn't recommend this - but my friend used a ton of it with an internal structure made of sheet metal to fill a hole in his transmission case through which he blew a gear.. It is still holding up fine! That was for a 1.8T GTI.

kashmeister

Reaction score
Yup, the only issue I see is having to cut some stuff or buy a new 3an adapter if i ever have to replace the master cylinder.

jonesy

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but really need help. I have a 2000 accord 4 cyl 2 door ex leather, Ive done a complete engine rebuid and while it was out, the old clutch line needed replaced and so did the slave cylinder, Well i ordered a stainless steel line for it with the same fittings on my old lin and went to put it on and the new slave cylinder has just the hole for the 3 an flare made to slide in and lock with pin, my factory line is threaded and so was the master and slave cylinder, but have looked everywhere and they dont offer a diff slave
cyl.

My new line threads to the master cylinder just fine, both ends on my line are 12mmx 1.0, just have the problem on the slave cyl, my accord dont have the quick disconnect, they are both threaded. Thanks if anyone could throw their input in.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
sounds like you need an earlier, circa 93, accord slave cylandar for the f22

thats what i used

kashmeister

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but really need help. I have a 2000 accord 4 cyl 2 door ex leather, Ive done a complete engine rebuid and while it was out, the old clutch line needed replaced and so did the slave cylinder, Well i ordered a stainless steel line for it with the same fittings on my old lin and went to put it on and the new slave cylinder has just the hole for the 3 an flare made to slide in and lock with pin, my factory line is threaded and so was the master and slave cylinder, but have looked everywhere and they dont offer a diff slave
cyl.

My new line threads to the master cylinder just fine, both ends on my line are 12mmx 1.0, just have the problem on the slave cyl, my accord dont have the quick disconnect, they are both threaded. Thanks if anyone could throw their input in.

Yup, what badger said.

98-02 used quick disconnect fittings.
Gens before that all used threaded fittings. Get the slave cylinder from a previous gen.

Back