Blazinqwickly's F23A1 ,Happy wife, Happy Life Build.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
First off hello to all the 6th gen fanatics, sorry if this seems like a quick novel, I'm trying to get the intro and the ride stats knocked out in one swift thread if possible. :)

Now that is out of the way, here is a little info on the new addition to our family and about us.

My wife and I met in high school (year 1999) and became great friends, after that we mainly focused on ourselves, did the growing up part needed to start adult life and figure out who we were in the world just like any one else does in this jungle for their life's journey.

Fast forward to 2011 when we found each other again hung out once and knew from there we were going to get married cause time had not changed the way we felt about one another.

So as of Sept 17th 2016 I got married for the first time in my life and we have been going full speed ahead ever since then figuring out what the first thing we were going to do as husband and wife.

After seeing my wife take interest in me working on someone's car one day, I remember her telling me that she would like a car that she could build happy new memories together with me in and truly call it her own.

I knew right then what I had to do as my first thing as a husband, so we got rid of her civic and after searching for months on end came across a silver 1999 Accord Ex coupe manual with one owner. It needed so much love, but my wife and I have a lot of love to give so we bought it and I drove it home and now the fun part starts.

Engine: F23A1.

Transmission: Exedy Clutch, Flywheel, CMC,SMC.

Suspension: Koni Yellow shocks with Swift springs , Moog bushings.

Wheels: Stock blades (for now)

Modifications: A.E.M. V2 C.A.I.

Exterior: New OE head lights, DDM 5k HID kit.

Future Plans: Keep it reliable & daily friendly for the wife but also breathe a sportier feel into the car in the process.

Here she was when we first picked her up after a entire day of washing and detailing in all her previous 4x4 status.

The suspension was tired and the control arm bushings were past their prime.My wife was tired of the 4x4 look but she did not want a slam burger either because this is not only her first suspension, but she needed comfort and enough suspension travel to go over bad roads.

I then ordered and installed a new set of Koni Yellow struts and a set of Swift springs with new upper control arms with serviceable ball joints.

After that we saved up and I placed a order for new Exedy clutch, flywheel, Clutch Master Cylinder, slave cylinder, all new coolant hoses and all engine bay fluids were all replaced.
Shortly after I noticed the cat was bad/ rattling, the inside honey comb had separated and the flex pipe crap the bed. So of course all ordered and I replaced them all and took it one step further by replacing the upstream and down stream o2 sensors while I was in there.

Then I started to clean up the bay and paint the valve cover one of her fave colors.

So after that we noticed her left head light would not adjust any more and you almost cant get away from U.V. damage to headlights in TX sun. So I installed a new pair of headlights and 5k DDM HID kit and adjusted them so she is not hunting for hoot owls in the tree tops while driving.

Here is how she is sitting now

We have not had the Accord for too long, but she has a ways to go before she is finished. We will constantly edit and update the thread as it grows with the car itself and look forward to being a long term 6th gen members.

P.S. some new parts came that we been packing away in the closet so stay tuned :)

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice start, that's cool your wife takes an interest. What are the spring rates on the Swifts?

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
The Swift spring rates can be found here, http://www.swiftsprings.com/products/sport-compact/sport-springs.html

They were I believe 4.5k Front and only 3k in the rear, considering the harsher ones in my personal DB8 GSR I run the Fortune Auto's with Swift coilover springs of 12k front and 8K rear and corner balance it out to fix the geometry.

The Koni yellows with those Swift springs feel very taught considering the more reserved rates on them I must say. Before handing it over to the wife I tested it on a lil twisty road not far from here and was happy with the end results.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
those oem wheels look brand new! love those ones too. looks good so far!

Haha thank you, they look good in the photo's but the previous owner was not keen about cleaning the wheels often and it looks like the brake dust in the inner spokes has baked on.

I fear if I can not find some sort of solvent to help bust threw it, they will end up coming off and getting refurbished.

Connie

Reaction score
Wow that's clean.
Especially for a '99.

What I would give to live in a place without rust......

Good luck to you both! I'm sure your car will be beautiful when you finish!

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Thanks Connie, we are trying to keep it clean but she does have her flaws and need some attention, but we will see it threw that she gets the attention she deserves and so dearly needs.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Wow that's clean.
Especially for a '99.

What I would give to live in a place without rust......

Good luck to you both! I'm sure your car will be beautiful when you finish!

Agreed, very clean for a 99. What are your (her) future plans?
the car looks good though, and you don't always see those rims on them either. Nice job.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Agreed, very clean for a 99. What are your (her) future plans?
the car looks good though, and you don't always see those rims on them either. Nice job.

Thank you Rusty, the plans are to actually get it back to 100% working order first and then comes the fun stuff that we all know and love in the car world.

She daily drives this to work and knowing myself I will do what I always do and push it as far as I can while keeping reliability as #1 and performance second while she still passes emissions. Then the 25 year rule hits here for TX and it can fall into the classic category which then makes it open season on the motor.

I notice no one here goes all motor and I can understand why for the most part, but from decades of doing this I am aware of the short comings for "Bang for buck" which everyone loves the most on here and goes the snail route. But for myself and my wife the useable power band of a all motor and the reliability within reason are within reach.

One year we are planning to take her car and my DB8 to the tail of the dragon for a vacation to get away from the stresses of the city life. For a road like that, along with many other canyon and mountain runs, is where the term "Useable Power" comes from and is the function over form and that is what we aim to achieve :waytogo::)

Back