Mikey

Reaction score
Tail lights on. Sorry, no brake pics.

IMAG0991.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

About cutting off the lead, not sure where it goes after it hooks under and goes up into the housing. It may or may not still need to conduct current. If you got an extra bulb I'd take it apart and see.

todd_cards

Reaction score
i will be "trying" this tomorrow with everyones help! thanks and i apprciate it! i will let everyone know how much the repairs cost me lol!

magicman1215

Reaction score
I'm still kinda lost. Are we covering one of the little metal contacts on the bottom of the bulb or one of the wires leading to the bulb holder or both. A few pics might help because it sounds very simple, but then again I'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch. :lawl: Btw, I'm using a standard dual filament bulb, not an LED bulb.

todd_cards

Reaction score
I'm still kinda lost. Are we covering one of the little metal contacts on the bottom of the bulb or one of the wires leading to the bulb holder or both. A few pics might help because it sounds very simple, but then again I'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch. :lawl: Btw, I'm using a standard dual filament bulb, not an LED bulb.

good question! im along with you. and is that a stock like your talking about? because when i get my car back friday! im going to try this? is it hard to get into the point that your asking about?

magicman1215

Reaction score
Is it one of these contacts I'm covering

8596935342_813179bcd4.jpg

or one the contacts inside the socket?

8596965052_b1ef39032f_m.jpg

From there I just have to figure out which one to cover, whether it be on the bulb or inside socket.

HomerJay

Reaction score
Alternatively, you can use 3156 bulbs (single intensity) in place of the stock 3157 bulbs. This way the bulb only lights when your signals are blinking. This is what I did when making this change. No clipping, no tape. The sockets are the same size and shape. The only difference is the third wire for the lower intensity light.

If you're using LED bulbs, make sure to try both directions before bending the lead to the other side of the bulb; you can bend it once or twice. More than that and it will likely fall off.

todd_cards

Reaction score
Alternatively, you can use 3156 bulbs (single intensity) in place of the stock 3157 bulbs. This way the bulb only lights when your signals are blinking. This is what I did when making this change. No clipping, no tape. The sockets are the same size and shape. The only difference is the third wire for the lower intensity light.

If you're using LED bulbs, make sure to try both directions before bending the lead to the other side of the bulb; you can bend it once or twice. More than that and it will likely fall off.

so you cannot use a stock one? and everyone else is talking about taping off not bending a lead. if im right? im not sure you may be correct!?

HomerJay

Reaction score
so you cannot use a stock one? and everyone else is talking about taping off not bending a lead. if im right? im not sure you may be correct!?

You can.

I went with 3156 bulbs because I swapped to LED so I figured I'd try bulbs that fit but only have on/off. By bending the lead, I only meant that if you go 3156 route, you might need to move one lead over to the other side.

todd_cards

Reaction score
You can.

I went with 3156 bulbs because I swapped to LED so I figured I'd try bulbs that fit but only have on/off. By bending the lead, I only meant that if you go 3156 route, you might need to move one lead over to the other side.

oh ok i understand now! im going to try this friday night! but have you got an answer yet on weather what to do yet? with the wire or if it is the lead?

Back