DC Sports headers fitment

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
I need some help here please I purchased an exhaust for my v6 with 2 1/4" inlet, bought a hi flow cat with 2 1/4" inlet/outlet now I'm looking to buy these dc sports headers (heard they give best clearance if slammed) but the outlet on them is 2 3/1"...does this mean I cannot use these headers? Can they be fitted? Cannot find any other cats with 2 3/1" inlet and 2 1/4" outlet...Megan and Obx and other cheap headers are 2 1/4" outlet but I really want the DC's!!! Can I get some input please? Thank you

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
DC sports HHC5528 2-3/1" ceramic header...look it up

www amazon com/gp/aw/d/B0030VYMLO

And these are the only ones there are for my car...

Last edited:

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Maybe if I put it this way it'll be more understanding: header outlet 2.31" hi flow cat inlet 2.25...Redryder why do you say it doesn't exist? It isn't huge difference but I'm thinking all piping has to match? Or go from smaller to larger diameter? I personally lost on this one but like I said DC headers have the best ground clearance and I'm low. Please help!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Because there is no such fraction as 2+3/1", or two and three oneths lol. 2.31" is a real measurement but still seems strange (closest size is 2+5/16"). Anyway from what I found if I wanted a cat inlet/outlet bigger than 2.25" you have to use a universal (welded as opposed to direct fit).

In your case, if you're set on those headers, and the outlet is actually 2+5/16", I'd get a 2.5" cat and 2.5" exhaust piping back to the mufflers.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Um.. Companies like DC make headers that actually fit our cars. Many members have them. Use a different website.

Also, headers don't do much other than add appeal and make noise at 1900 rmps... Save your money for something else. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
I should've started with headers, cat, exhaust order but it went backwards for me. I gave a guy an offer on exhaust (honestly didn't think he'd accept it)and he sold it to me. It's magnaflow high flow system that is 2.25". I've been looking at OBX and Megan headers (not much choices for v6) and people say they cheap idk(but they are rite size 2.25"). I used DC in the past on my civic, were easily repairable when cracked and it's a good header, and for my accord it has the best clearence off the ground as far as reviews and even possible to tell from pics. I really don't wanna waste $400 on headers neither(DC's most expensive) I guess a different cat (like Redryder mentioned^) would be a solution if I want these headers. But I'm kinda thinking wasting less $. Which headers to buy other than DC that's decent? (V6)

agginline86

Reaction score
The stock piping is 2.25" in diameter
any headers that are made for our 6th gens will be 2.25"

Description is wrong, or wrong product entirely

Back