Juddering when braking

Hobbit

Reaction score
i have a juddering under moderate braking, if i stamp on em they seem fine.

im guessing i may have a slightly warped disc on the front.

Question i have is will other accord 5 stud discs fit as the V6 specific seem horredous in cost were as the 2.2 /type R (UK) seem to be an awful lot cheaper in cost??

Hobbit

Reaction score
scratch that the Type R discs are 18mm bigger on the front, exactly the same on the rear , so unless i could find the calipers as well no point

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Really? I've never heard that. I've always preferred ceramic and experienced less dust, good stopping power, and good rotor/pad life.

OP, where are you looking at rotors? PowerSlot, etc will cost you more...I'd just go with some Duralasts from an auto parts store. Just be sure to bed them properly.

Hobbit

Reaction score
^Really? I've never heard that. I've always preferred ceramic and experienced less dust, good stopping power, and good rotor/pad life.

OP, where are you looking at rotors? PowerSlot, etc will cost you more...I'd just go with some Duralasts from an auto parts store. Just be sure to bed them properly.

Thanks redryder but in the Uk a single disc varys from £60 to £74 from our parts strores yet a Type R is around £33 ??? dont quite figure that.

Ive seen full kits for mine from germany for around £110 inc shippoing for rotors and pads

james'99

Reaction score

I used aftermarket ceramic pads. Gold Advance Auto brand. Wearever and the complimenting rotor. 20k later, my rotors had been destroyed. I warrantied them out but it could just be the brand honestly but I talked to a few people about it and the consensus seemed to be that there is a possibility that hard spots would develop and eat rotors. I live by torque specs so my wheels were on properly so theoretically there was no reason for it. Caliper wasn't seized or anything. I think the next time I will use Honda pads or go with a slotted rotor setup and a stoptech pad.

Hobbit

Reaction score
well after having the wheels balanced the vibration more or less vanished, but its coming back slowly, it still has a bit of brake judder so i will be replacing the discs is there any thing else up front that could cause vibration at speed? that feels like wheel balance?

Back