Honda Accord controversy at Cars And Coffee Dallas

JaredB_LX

Reaction score
Haha thanks for the comment! Yeah most of those guys have Porsches that I guarantee they haven't even touched the dipstick to check the oil. They all low balled a kids first car, I guess they've always had things done for them. It's crazy to think that guys that are 15 years older than me with Porsches can get upset by a Honda Accord . Hopefully I'll put it in the show next time if they let me. Debating ordering a, "haters gonna hate" sticker for my car .

el gallo

Reaction score
Haha thanks for the comment! Yeah most of those guys have Porsches that I guarantee they haven't even touched the dipstick to check the oil. They all low balled a kids first car, I guess they've always had things done for them. It's crazy to think that guys that are 15 years older than me with Porsches can get upset by a Honda Accord . Hopefully I'll put it in the show next time if they let me. Debating ordering a, "haters gonna hate" sticker for my car .

dont stoop to there level.

like the Ghetto Boys said " real gangsta-a$$ ni&&as don't flex nuts
'cause real gangsta-a$$ ni&&as know they got'em"

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thanks for the comment! Cars and coffee unfortunately wants only the best, I don't want to go to a meet or show where cars are perfect, I want to see the people who put time into their car, in some cases that means a couple of dents and patchy paint. It's good to have diversity and my local cars and coffee meet is just throwing that out of the window with,"perfect cars only". Hopefully more meets will open up where it's actually a meet, not to where you have to have a sema show car to get in. Hopefully they will realize their mistake before it's too late.

Totally agree. Honestly someone's project E30 or Supra is more interesting to me than a polished and perfect F430. All kinds of half finished cars show up at C&C, I love that.

If you go back, just be nice. Don't let them change the fact that you are a true car enthusiast which means you only have good intentions.

like the Ghetto Boys said " real gangsta-a$$ ni&&as don't flex nuts
'cause real gangsta-a$$ ni&&as know they got'em"

Haha Geto boys ftw.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
why call it a meet if they only plan to have nice cars in it? That's by default a car show.. they need to get their language right... u handled it well tho.. props to u

DBO867

Reaction score
its facebook, a lot of youngsters and wannabe car fanatics that like to bash on other peoples car. this is one reason why i stick to forums, more mature folks and a lot less flakers when it comes to sales. one of the main reasons i stopped going to carmeets, everyone thinks theyre better than one another.

Varnell

Reaction score
Those Audi's next to you look pretty stock...

This is disheartening to see, for sure. I haven't been to any car meets because I want my car in better condition first. However, I think a real car enthusiast would be fine with seeing an Accord next to a Cobra and GTR.

rooky

Reaction score
Hey everyone my name is Jermaine and I just drive the forum so I cant post links, picture, etc.. yet. But Im sorry to hear about Jared B experience at "CARS and COFFEE" due to his honda been rejected by members of the movement. However, I felt Jared took way too personal with the Freakbook message because first, when we drive an Import car whether cheap or expensive to a High End meet like that don't look for any warm welcome you would get a stance war, Dubs meet, wekfest and etc... Yes all cars are unique in many ways and it should not be valued by worth or performance. Secondly, Jared B you didn't do your homework on the event to know they type of supporters, members and stereotypes was going to be there. I would suggest watching "THAT DUDE IN BLUE" to see his take on cars and soo called coffee. Also love your car because I learned that any little mods done to the car takes time and money due to the fact some of us don't have the big backyard to diy projects. To get your spirit up watch some silly videos like Haggard Garage, the same thing happened to them one day when they went to pick up a car title for the miata.

JaredB_LX

Reaction score
Hey everyone my name is Jermaine and I just drive the forum so I cant post links, picture, etc.. yet. But Im sorry to hear about Jared B experience at "CARS and COFFEE" due to his honda been rejected by members of the movement. However, I felt Jared took way too personal with the Freakbook message because first, when we drive an Import car whether cheap or expensive to a High End meet like that don't look for any warm welcome you would get a stance war, Dubs meet, wekfest and etc... Yes all cars are unique in many ways and it should not be valued by worth or performance. Secondly, Jared B you didn't do your homework on the event to know they type of supporters, members and stereotypes was going to be there. I would suggest watching "THAT DUDE IN BLUE" to see his take on cars and soo called coffee. Also love your car because I learned that any little mods done to the car takes time and money due to the fact some of us don't have the big backyard to diy projects. To get your spirit up watch some silly videos like Haggard Garage, the same thing happened to them one day when they went to pick up a car title for the miata.

Thank you for the comment, yes I have to admit that I did freak out a little, it's definitely disheartening that people could say things like that about one mans car. So I feel like an update is due...

I have gone to the past two meets and I haven't parked my car in the show since June. I feel like I really don't care about anyone's opinion that goes there. I have been recognized which is weird, I've had people leave notes on my car saying," just ignore the haters." So it's been nothing but good attention towards my car which is really cool. I really don't care what people say about my car, because it's my own and I can have my own style of I'd like. Since June I've been approached by some of the guys and they admit that they were sorry and they now respect the "to each is their own" rule and have owned up to it. I don't hold grudges and I respect that they came up to me and apologized, sadly though there's still hate from the "keyboard warriors" but what can you do.

Thank you all for posting these nice comments.

Back