Part store cheap rotors
16" **** bronze wheels in process or rebuilding a set of new wheels

-Cosmetic
DIY fiberglass grille
DIY blackhouse headlights
Backyard paint
Re-clearcoated at home job

been here long enough time to share my ride

got a 2000 accord coupe from canada. black 2 door with 300,000km on it i picked up for $500 in rough shape.

had a oil burning f23 mated to a 5 speed

gonna keep her for a daily and rock it. had it for over 2 years now and love it

When i first got it next to my boosted EG sedan

pokX4BrRj

got some el cheapo wheels and tires from a friends

pn91HEjIj

decided it was sitting waaay too tall so ordered these

pmyUAEOZj

sitting prettyier now
poR71PTJj

the f23 was a bit of a oil burner so picked up this little engine
pmNcFOKHj

new timing belt water pump ect
pn3p2ey2j

gotta upload more pics but shes now got the h22a4 in here and is good to go.

love the power but miss a bit of the lowend torque with the f23. might make a tour of it vid on my youtube channel. thinking about also doing other 6th gen related DIY and mods aswell on video

heres an old vid of my eg back when she was all motor. gonna keep the h series all motor and return to the dyno hopefully this summer for more so stay tuned

https://youtu.be/SkH5jniRxK8

sooo let me know what you all think :)

More pics to come

Last edited:

Connie

Reaction score
I like it a lot, looks just like my black 2000 with better paint. I have horrible clearcoat and a silver passenger fender and mirror (previous owner )

What paint and clearcoat did you use to paint it?
I'm considering reshooting mine in the back yard, but don't want to make it look terrible.
Yours looks great; what was your process???

dawg316

Reaction score
well just used rattle can rustoleum black semigloss primer . that 2 in 1 paint primer in a car on the bad spots feathering it into the factory paint . ( after hours of sanding and prepping and body working)

Dont know the name of the clear but my brother sprayed it out of a gun and compressor. mixed it with the hardners that were needed and the way it glossed over and bleded the paint was amazing. rolled around with patchy primer spots on my car for a while. didt know clear blednded paint so well together but it did. i highly recomend a proffesional clear compared to the clears in the can

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
well just used rattle can rustoleum black semigloss primer . that 2 in 1 paint primer in a car on the bad spots feathering it into the factory paint . ( after hours of sanding and prepping and body working)

Dont know the name of the clear but my brother sprayed it out of a gun and compressor. mixed it with the hardners that were needed and the way it glossed over and bleded the paint was amazing. rolled around with patchy primer spots on my car for a while. didt know clear blednded paint so well together but it did. i highly recomend a proffesional clear compared to the clears in the can

That sounds like a very low buck solution to an expensive problem. That works ok, if rattle can rustoleum matches the color, but if there's any metalic in the pain (existing paint) you'll see the spots you fixed in the finished paint.

A good low cost (not cheap) clear is Nason Clear, it's made by Axalta (formerly Dupont) dries fairly quick (tacks up within 10 minutes, skins in a 1/2 hour, and dries to handle in 8 hrs. Fully dry in 24), and has excellent shine. And if you really want to make it glow, wet sand it with some 600, and shoot it again. I use it out in the garage regularly. I even used it on my wife's hood, when I painted it after I got a replacement hood for it. I buy it by the gallon from my local CarQuest store because I go thru so much of it.

Last edited:

dawg316

Reaction score
takes some pics next time you do it. not much of a paint guy too much seeing how all my previus cars have been buckets so vanity hasnt been my thing.

my brother does my backyard body work. but dam am i happy having a car with nice paint

actualy wash my car nowadays ( like every 2nd month ha)

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I'm going to mission to fill my nitrous tank soon maybe ill pop over and we can tinker with the cars id like to see your h22 swap

Connie

Reaction score
Yeah I think the clear in the can is what's killing me all the time. I can get the paint to look awesome out of a rattle can but the clear in a can always makes it look kind of dull. I need to spend more time wet-sanding too, I think.

Looks really good though.

dawg316

Reaction score
I'm going to mission to fill my nitrous tank soon maybe ill pop over and we can tinker with the cars id like to see your h22 swap

welcome to swing by anytime.

Yeah I think the clear in the can is what's killing me all the time. I can get the paint to look awesome out of a rattle can but the clear in a can always makes it look kind of dull. I need to spend more time wet-sanding too, I think.

Looks really good though.

theres this new ( to me atleast) 2k clear in a can that ive been hearing good things about. has a hardner on the bottom of the can you have to puncture to use. only bad thing is that its a 1 time use. gonna probably try it out on a set of wheels or something small maybe one of these days

42141.jpg

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
welcome to swing by anytime.

theres this new ( to me atleast) 2k clear in a can that ive been hearing good things about. has a hardner on the bottom of the can you have to puncture to use. only bad thing is that its a 1 time use. gonna probably try it out on a set of wheels or something small maybe one of these days

42141.jpg

I have actually heard good things about this and seen decent results if you have had experience with paint, it's a quick and easy job for decent $$$ that you can D.I.Y.

You just need to put the time into the prep finishing threw the wet sanding process and so on you know how it goes I am sure if you have found these cans by now.

Maybe I'm jut getting old and my memory is failing me , but don't they make a 3x too? Maybe it was just 2x?

trident

Reaction score
Cool project! I heard good compliments with that Spraymax either. Give it a try.

Back