i'll post these, but...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
...i'm going to say that, although free, rawtherapee sucks. it makes the pix have TONS of noise with no real way to do away with it.

then, one second the pic looks good, then its too bright, and that kind of thing. horrible interface, bad execution. its impossible to judge whats going to happen when the image is saved then uploaded.

i'm going to dig up my cd of cs3 and put it on here...cause ive lost 2 computers in this house in the last 4 years, and im not risking my current one.

ok, on to the pix...

see? iso 800 pushed +1.5EV
2742888500_4866058f06_o.jpg

cs3 edit...no noise reduction but what camera raw gives it...+.65EV: and i should have sharpened it a little more...
2761035418_93f2b855b8_o.jpg

buddy chris' car (4bangr on here) with the capitol in the background:
2742888948_e9c267ed6c_o.jpg

on his back windshield, given to him by david buschur...
2742052727_744930c59f_o.jpg

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
Your taking pics in sunlight dude, dump the ISO to 200 or so, you should still be able to take shots with a shutter speed faster than 1/30 or invest in a tripod, that will do away with noise issues in a heartbeat. If you push the exposure 1.5 stops at an ISO of 800 you're going to get noise, thats just how it is.

nexTOme

Reaction score
id "rawther rape" than use rawtherape

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Your taking pics in sunlight dude, dump the ISO to 200 or so, you should still be able to take shots with a shutter speed faster than 1/30 or invest in a tripod, that will do away with noise issues in a heartbeat. If you push the exposure 1.5 stops at an ISO of 800 you're going to get noise, thats just how it is.
i always use iso 200 (its the native number of my sensor) but...

the first one was in shade, right next to a tree trunk, with a 90mm lens at f/4 i think...high iso is needed to reduce shake.

the others were at iso 400 i think, maybe 20 minutes before sunset. i have a tripod, and had it with me. its a piece of **** and doesn't let me work the way i want to...it was a hurried shoot with bad lighting. im going to do another at a different location, once he gets the drag slicks on the other set of traklites.

my issue with it is that the program makes weird noise. i dont have any other high iso shots uploaded at the moment. when i get back from the alms race, ill install cs3 to show the difference.
lol...wtf is rawtherapee....Canon ftw....
free raw editing program :eh:

canon :roy:
id "rawther rape" than use rawtherape
:hahano: :eh:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i have 8gb of pix to go through once cs3 is running...plus the ones im going to take tomorrow :naughtyrun:

Back