Speedo+V-TEC after 5spd swap

9450erick

Reaction score
correct with the 4 up to the right of that connector. its the black/yellow wire.
also correct on the wire thats behind the big white wire. you do not need to check for continuity for these wires.
i followed turbowas write up so i havent really checked why those need 2 black/white wires need to be connected.
can you try not connecting those and c wat happens

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
For the continuity I meant step 7, I have multimeter I just really don't know how to use it lol. I would need a current passing through the wire to check for continuity right, do I hook it to some power source or something?

9450erick

Reaction score
ohhh. okay
does ur multimeter have a option that say conntinuity?
put it on that option and touch the 2 sticks together.
it should beep. (beep means it has conntinuity)
you put one stick into the bare wire then you put the other stick in the wire you think its direclty connected
if it beeps it has continuity. if it doesnt you have the wrong wire.

low430

Reaction score
actually wen i got the immobolizer thing all fixed by a locksmith it ran okay.
i didnt hav the rev limiter as i did with the auto ecu and could rev 2 6.5rpm
i did struggle getting there.
wen got vtec working after 4000 rpm it shoots to 6.5 rpm
that was pretty much the difference.

sorry bout 56k but pics r needed lol

Okay So I called locksmiths and Ive got prices from 40$ to program a Key all the way to 300 to Program the ECM or ECU
Im really confused now on exactly what the locksmith needs to do.

I was originally under the impression that honda dealer or locksmith just has to program a new Key to match the VIN of the new Manual ECU

In order for me to get this thing done without being gouged I need to figure out what exactly they need to do.

1.Re Program Existing Key to Match new ECU?
2. Program New Key to match new ecu?

I searched and read this thread http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23830&highlight=program+key+speed+swap
From the reading it seems that all that needs to be done is new key programmed?

EDIT:>2:00 PM

So Got it started, For future reference, Tell any locksmith to make you a key, Drive to the locksmith or have them come to your car.
Unplug the Auto ECU, Plug in the MT ECU, Let them plug into your OBD2 Port, They will load the Immobilizer code off your new ecu, Then they will either Reprogram your current key or cut you a new one.
Turn the car off for a min or two and she fires right up

I had a locksmith reprogram all 3 of my keys for a total of 45_bucks
Took about 20 MIN.

YOU DO NOT NEED ANY ECM ECU OR COMPUTER REPROGRAMMING

Last edited:

low430

Reaction score
So I wired it all up today, Vtec and the speedo are working,
BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED< I COULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN IT RUNNING WITHOUT YOU GUYS!

Biggest thing bothering me is Step 24
What are those thick Black/white wires?
I cut them both and soldered them together but what (WAS) THeir Function?
Im just a little confused if it had to be done?

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28834

My DIY Writeup will come nextweekend.

Special Thanks to ERICK, Blkcurrantaccord, and DRIFT, For your pictures insight input, DIY's and everything else.

Last edited:

9450erick

Reaction score
^great price on the programming.
Finally u got it done.it's been 4ever that iv been seeing ur posts on how to do this.
Really I don't know what the 2 black wires do. Just followed turbowas write up
can some1 elaborate on the 2wire

Last edited:

low430

Reaction score
^great price on the programming.
Finally u got it done.it's been 4ever that iv been seeing ur posts on how to do this.
Really I don't know what the 2 black wires do. Just followed turbowas write up
can some1 elaborate on the 2wire

please do because it seems pointless to me.
Yes its funally done, THe car is totally different, If you are considering 5speed swap, DO IT . I dont regret it one bit.

But yes the Big black wires that I "CUT" Make me nervous, I mean what is the point? Why not just splice them together?

9450erick

Reaction score
found out what the two black nd white wires are used 4.
they connect to ur starter motor

those two black wires got undone somehow yesterday without me even noticeing. i turned off the car and came back like 2 hrs later nd would not start. not even crank. i was like it cant be a low battery cause i dont crank and i can play music, but then i said wat can it be. i thought i might have been the immobolizer again. i was like **** it lets push start this hunk of junk
worked like a charm. i came back to this thread to make sure i wired everything correctly and then i remembered that i never extended those black/white wires nd they were barely attached. i was like it might have come undone nd exactly they had came detached. i extended them and spliced them correctly and it started up perfectly
now we know wat those wires do

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I thought that maybe they over rode the "is the car in park or nuetral" relay. Try unhooking the three wires you put together on the big plug for the tranny see if it starts. I'm curious if that is what it does.

Back