Viper 5901 Alarm DIY!

ryandude

Reaction score
Sorry for asking this but I need to clarify this.
So by tapping into the trunk release on our oem car wiring, it eliminates the need of getting the additional viper relay trunk popper. Am I correct? Cause my installer didn't really understand what I was saying or was trying to rip me off.

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
Sorry for asking this but I need to clarify this.
So by tapping into the trunk release on our oem car wiring, it eliminates the need of getting the additional viper relay trunk popper. Am I correct? Cause my installer didn't really understand what I was saying or was trying to rip me off.

your car came with a trunk popper originally? if so then you will have to tap into the stock wiring and use a relay.

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
great write up! helped me a lot. one question: How do you hook up the factory disarm to the alarm?

I tried hooking the light green/black wire (from the alarm) to the door unlocks wire(orange on the passenger side) like you said to. doesnt work very well.

Other websites say to connect it to the blue(-) wire at the power window switch. Where do I find this wire? Which plug is it? Driver or passenger side?

THanks!

99 ex sedan
viper 5900

What does not work very well? Do you mean the alarm setting off when you RS?

The proper way is to find the factory alarm disarm on the driver side power switch. You will somehow have to fish the wires through the door boot and into the car. It's a PITA so I skipped it. I don't mind unlocking my car before I trunk pop.

Last edited:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
You should come help me with mine haha. Or give me your number so I can text you questions !!

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Hey I noticed you didn't hook up the door trigger, and the dome light supervision. Is there a reason for that, and does everything still work fine without those hooked up ?

I also noticed the dome light supervision wire is (-) and so is the door trigger wire on the vehicle, so why is a relay needed if I wNted to wire the dome light supervision to the door trigger ?

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
Hey I noticed you didn't hook up the door trigger, and the dome light supervision. Is there a reason for that, and does everything still work fine without those hooked up ?

I also noticed the dome light supervision wire is (-) and so is the door trigger wire on the vehicle, so why is a relay needed if I wNted to wire the dome light supervision to the door trigger ?

When you unlock the door does the dome light come on? If so, then there is no need for dome light supervision because it already exist.

Not sure what you trying to say about the door trigger. Can you point me to it? H1/8?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Sorry, I was looking at H1/6 by mistake. I'm guessingyou don't need to hook that one up lol. And when I unlock my car by the key the dome light doesnt turn on. But if that's all that the dome light supervision wire does, then I don't really need it, right ?

Also, what's that rear defogger wire for ?

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
Sorry, I was looking at H1/6 by mistake. I'm guessingyou don't need to hook that one up lol. And when I unlock my car by the key the dome light doesnt turn on. But if that's all that the dome light supervision wire does, then I don't really need it, right ?

Also, what's that rear defogger wire for ?

Dome light supervision is only needed if you want the light to come on when you unlock the door. So it is not needed by I find it handy.

Rear defogger is an auxiliary output that you can install so the rear defogger comes on when your RS your car. Helps if you live in colder climates that needs defogging in the morning.

Back