Viper 5901 Alarm DIY!

001Stunna

Reaction score
should i get this one?
http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-RLYBS...F8&qid=1354689400&sr=8-1&keywords=bosch+relay

or should i get this?
http://www.amazon.com/RELAY-BOSCH-30AMP-SPDT-12V/dp/B001JT016Y/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_7

and wondering if you get a relay socket or did you just solder the wires onto the relay?

Socket makes it easier/cleaner and allows you to replace a relay in the future easily. As for which one to get...either one is fine. My fog lights have been running on some china relay for almost 3 years now with no issues. I have 3x spare bosch ones in my toolbox but they've sat there for 2 years now lol. If you use a socket its pretty easy to replace...plug out-plug in and you're done.

TuRtL3

Reaction score
Socket makes it easier/cleaner and allows you to replace a relay in the future easily. As for which one to get...either one is fine. My fog lights have been running on some china relay for almost 3 years now with no issues. I have 3x spare bosch ones in my toolbox but they've sat there for 2 years now lol. If you use a socket its pretty easy to replace...plug out-plug in and you're done.

thanks for the help :)

hondathon

Reaction score
Just installed my viper 5704 alarm and now when I try to lock the doors (with the door switch or remote) they will not lock. I have disconnected the lock and unlock wires (green and blue) and now the switch works again. Does anyone have a solution to the problem?

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
No pics of the trunk pop actuator install?? Ive searched all over any no one has pics of a install.

DizzyP

Reaction score
The parking light alarm wire connects to the red/black wire under the steering wheel. The red/black wire connects to the back of the fuse box.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Just installed my viper 5704 alarm and now when I try to lock the doors (with the door switch or remote) they will not lock. I have disconnected the lock and unlock wires (green and blue) and now the switch works again. Does anyone have a solution to the problem?

You may have reverse the wires around. I had that happen to me today. Lock unlocked it and unlock locked it. Sounds weird.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
The parking light alarm wire connects to the red/black wire under the steering wheel. The red/black wire connects to the back of the fuse box.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

Im gonna try and find it. :shakehead:

Back