DIY: Swapping Instrument Cluster Needle Assemblies

Bax

Reaction score
:omgbd: Haha, let me try to find the damned short circuit for my temp, if all else fails... time to waste money. :fail:
It won't be the same P/n for your gas/temp though with you having an auto.
Just call the parts department though at the dealership and they should be able to find it for you.
I'll never take apart my cluster out of fear. I even have bulbs that are out:lawl:

Good job Bax

the only thing that gives you a chance of ****ing up is just taking off the needles.
everything else is cake. And you have the v6 cluster so yours is all one piece I think.

and thanks :rock:

Bax

Reaction score
tumblr_llroyfuYMY1qbs7xoo1_400.gif

goldenchamp

Reaction score
As much as I as I hate to revive a really old thread, I am looking to replace my black gauge faces with orange needles with the coupe grey gauges with red needles. (I have an '01 Sedan 5MT) I had an offer on a used coupe gauge cluster that I could cannibalize and try to replace just the needles and faces, but the whole popping out the needles thing scares me a bit. Should I just get coupe gauges from Honda and do what OP did? I would also like to get rid of the color filter to make them brilliant white for my LEDs, but that might not be worth it. Thanks!

Here's an image reference btw...

Current sedan gauges
Cluster1.jpg

Desired coupe gauges
76833704.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You can swap from 98-00 to 01-02 cluster but the temp gauge won't read correctly. There is a fix for that. As for the ODO you can swap that over to keep your mileage.

jaydee

Reaction score
You can swap from 98-00 to 01-02 cluster but the temp gauge won't read correctly. There is a fix for that. As for the ODO you can swap that over to keep your mileage.

Hi can you send the thread regarding the temp gauge wont read correctly. thank you..

Back