Powertrix Rear Lower Control Arms + Static Plate Kit

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Just placed an order. Glad to get these w/ good deal.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Powertrix is extending the sale through Monday. Ends at midnight!

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Rod End Boots

ok, did some more research on dust boots for heim rod ends. Found a couple threads on car forums that mentioned Seals-It as a good boot.

Their site will direct you to Ebay for purchases. They also make a tool to put these on for $40 shipped.

just need to somehow verify that Seals-it has a dust boot size for the QA1 heim rod ends. Most likely they do in Metric.

I'm pretty sold on these now. The QA1 MX series has good reviews. I read where race cars had these and they lasted at least 4-5 years in those dirty racing conditions and showed no to little wear. If we used a boot on these, they should last just as long as regular OEM bushing type control rods, maybe longer.

found a thread with pics. 1st pic appears to be a misalignment spacer that is also used on powertrix heim rod end....

Boot1.JPG

NewLCAPHBInstalled.JPG

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Bought a set. $199 + $28 shipping.

Researched some more tonite. If cleaning these on a regular basis, looks like one should use a "dry" cleaner -- Graphite. Using a wet cleaner may attract dirt. Don't use WD-40 as it may degrade the teflon/kevlar liner.

Also found mixed conversations about the dust boots.

1 person stated they may hold in moisture which would shorten the lifespan of the rod end. He stated there was no need for dust boots and to clean them with a dry cleaner on a regular basis and they will last. Others swear by the dust boots. Seems like it really depends on your application and the environment they will be subjected to.

It's worth a gamble to me for this type of suspension part on a daily driver. It's part of a car hobby/enthusiast.

Back