Ruined all of my lug nut studs

SuperDrewb

Reaction score
Hi there. I have an old rusty 2002 Honda Accord Manual F23A1.
An axle swap turned into a ball joint swap which while doing I managed to pancake the first 2 threads of pretty much all 4 of my studs.
I see rockauto has new wheel hubs which include all 4 studs for $20. My question is, how does this part come apart? I'd like to replace just the wheel hub.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Hi there. I have an old rusty 2002 Honda Accord Manual F23A1.
An axle swap turned into a ball joint swap which while doing I managed to pancake the first 2 threads of pretty much all 4 of my studs.
I see rockauto has new wheel hubs which include all 4 studs for $20. My question is, how does this part come apart? I'd like to replace just the wheel hub.

I'd run a die over the threads ( can get at Habor Freight) and try to save what you have. I think the threads are 12mm by 1.5 thread I think. Someone more knowledgeable can confirm or deny.
I hope this helps.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Ya but if he pancaked his studs by hitting them with a hammer (which I'm assuming he's referring to) how are you going to get a die on them?
As to the thread pitch you are correct

Last edited:

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Ya but if he pancaked his studs by hitting them with a hammer (which I'm assuming he's referring to) how are you going to get a die on them?
As to the thread pitch you are correct

You're probably right, but then without any pics it's hard to say how bad they're messed up.

Back