★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! *UPDATED 10/10/10*

Haha thanks man, I can't wait to put run them in the engine!

I'm having trouble figuring out how to take this part off, this cog:

IMG_7493.jpg

Any ideas?

After this, the cover plate comes off and crank will come out.

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score

That little peg needs to come off. When I did my timing belt it just slid off, it looks like you have some rust holding it on. PB and leverage should get it off.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Which way do I push the peg? Or do I just work it upwards by moving it side-to-side and pulling up holding it with vice-grips? Letting it soak in PB now.

Last edited:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

The little peg needs to come off. Use PB blaster or something and let it sit for a bit. Then try taking a pliers and wiggling it out. That should work.

Nice pistons and by taking a look at the block it looks in great condition for 110k miles. Good luck with the build!

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score

Wiggle it up and out away from the block.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score

i love engine teardowns, there is something magical about them

hahaha38

Reaction score

If you havn't got the peg out yet. Just stick a screw driver behind the gear and pop the crank gear off with the peg. Works everytime for me.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score

IMG_7493.jpg
[/IMG]
This is what they are talking about. It should just come off. If not pb blaster or something like they said. Then the gear will just slide off the crankshaft.

Erik123456789

Reaction score

^^ taking that pin off will definitely help. but if it doesnt.. you can go to like autozone and rent a 3 legged puller.. it looks something like this http://jbtoolshop.co.uk/pullers-and-puller-sets you pay full price but you get all your money back after ur done even if u break it or whatever.. try not using a screw driver to pop it off if its really glued on there cus they can break

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Block is all taken apart - both faceplates off, crank and pistons out, and both balance shafts removed. Time to order all needed bearings, gaskets, seals, and bolts to rebuild it. I need to figure out exactly which bolts will need to be upgraded, and exactly which seals need replacement.

I had no idea that there were 2 balance shafts! Does the balance shaft removal kit delete both of them?

Now I need to wait for spring financial aid to actually begin the sleeving/boring process at the shop. Another stressor is added to my life, my scumbag filthy pig roommates have decided that I 'didn't fit their lifestyle', because I like to keep a clean place, I like consistent communication, and I like fair treatment. **** them. Therefore, I need to find a new place to live... :madrun: God I wish I could stuff a fat fist of sh*t right into their mouth and make them taste every piece and aspirate it resulting in choking to death.

Back