604ACCORDS 98 Sedan

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Re: 604ACCORDS 98 Sedan (H22a/5spd swap *in progress*)****LOWERED!! 3/11/2016****

Smog system here got ousted!! It was called Aircare, **** was a joke man. People would fail at one location and drive to another one and pass with flying colors HA!! Turbos are very popular here when I go to the local meets almost every car got a snail under the hood.

phi1542

Reaction score
Re: 604ACCORDS 98 Sedan (H22a/5spd swap *in progress*)****LOWERED!! 3/11/2016****

Smog system here got ousted!! It was called Aircare, **** was a joke man. People would fail at one location and drive to another one and pass with flying colors HA!! Turbos are very popular here when I go to the local meets almost every car got a snail under the hood.
Dude that's so cool haha California I can't install headers or cold air intake unless it's carb legal.... and carb legal intakes are pretty expensive. Also only carb legal headers are DC sports and I read they have zero gains.... basically if you want power here good luck getting it to pass smog :) there's some people who do illegal smog for like 300 to 350 though which is also expensive. I guess I will be moving to Canada now LOL I'm not even sure if my jdm h22 can pass smog even if I make it up to USDM standards

Do you plan on getting fog lights?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score

I was planning on inspire ones but I don't know yet, I'm looking for the oem inserts for the openings for now. The bumper is my next project about to start... I will remove it and paint the grill with SEM Honda bumper black(same color I used to do the lower opening under the license plate), put honey comb mesh behind the grill and lower opening to match the lip and upgrade the disgrace of a horn these cars came with (red hellas or 7th gen ones).

phi1542

Reaction score

I was planning on inspire ones but I don't know yet, I'm looking for the oem inserts for the openings for now. The bumper is my next project about to start... I will remove it and paint the grill with SEM Honda bumper black(same color I used to do the lower opening under the license plate), put honey comb mesh behind the grill and lower opening to match the lip and upgrade the disgrace of a horn these cars came with (red hellas or 7th gen ones).
Nice! Should look dope bro. Are you cutting out the grille and doing the 98 to 00 style mesh?

Yeah I plan to do the same with the disgrace of a horn LOL I have the 7th Gen ones sitting around I never got around putting them on. It's like 10 bucks each. I took the bumper off when I installed my v2 CAI but I hella forgot I had those so I didn't install it...

Side note though not related to your car but I was just in my car a few minutes ago. I noticed that I am able to go into all gears without stepping on the clutch while the car is off. Not sure if that's normal or if I messed something up installing my new shifter. It also leans forward and it looks like it is in a gear when it's in neutral

604ACCORD

Reaction score

When your not running clutch does nothing so u have nothing to worrie about it.. As for the way it leans forward i think it's normal but mine's auto so I can't verify that

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Started work on the front bumper painted the grill and cut out the mesh. Paint has to dry so I couldn't install the mesh but here's some progress pics. I sold my h22, parted some out and a bunch went to one seller who gave me cash and a custom built t3 t4 turbo. Its a turbonetics hot side, no name cold with garret internals .62ar. It made 347whp on a b16 only used for a few dyno runs. Might try it or might sell it not sure yet.

Before

After

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Got the fog light holes done in mesh, as of now they are not fastened just sitting in the holes ( ran out of mini zip ties). Looks pretty damn good. I miss driving my car... My brother might be able to squeeze my hood and wing in this winter for a fresh coat of DEP he's super busy with paint work but it might happen.

phi1542

Reaction score

Random question but why did you choose to turbo the f23 and not the h22a? Curious because I might want to go the forced induction route in the future but not sure which of the engines I should choose. I've read around and people say h22 sucks for boost because it needs to be sleeved and high compression. But some also say the f23 isn't a performance engine and has weak ringlands. But if you sleeve the h22 and lower the compression would it be better than f23?

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Well as of now boost is on hold, I just dropped 6k on a tent trailer. I chose to boost the f series just because its already in the car and running low boost on stock internals is much cheaper than building and swapping in the H and then boosting that.

phi1542

Reaction score

Well as of now boost is on hold, I just dropped 6k on a tent trailer. I chose to boost the f series just because its already in the car and running low boost on stock internals is much cheaper than building and swapping in the H and then boosting that.
Oh I see haha thanks. Cuz I know new pistons aren't cheap and sleeve h block is expensive as hell. I've heard some say like 1500.... I'm just looking for 300 hp to the wheels DD. My H is disassembled already so it's easier to just replace stuff as it is getting put back together. Just trying to figure out the best option for reliability and cost.

Back