F23 auto ecu options

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Turbo the already weak transmission. You are playing a losing game that will be expensive and time consuming. Best start is a manual swap or find a donor car for cheap. Hell I just came across a 98 accord 4 door LX 5 speed with 200k miles for 600 bucks.

Yeah, that's the problem with these cars, they're not worth a whole lot. Look on Craig's List, and you'll find several for a grand or less.:poke: If there's no rust, then it's 1500 or so. But, Civics are going for 2K all day long.:confused:

selttijcmanit

Reaction score
Yeah I agree you guys, and I'm not broke lol I'm waiting for a good few days off to hit the junkyard for a manual tranny. Right now I'm considering buying a manual ECU and harness to get it tuned, and also some large injectorbs; then mapping the shift solenoid states (on/off) to each gear so I can use an arduino and some paddle shifters.
Before now I was going to do that for fun but it seems like that's the best option, ECU/TCU tunable combos are like $1200 and this car isn't worth it hahaha

My transmission has tons of life left in it though so no worries on that front, just won't put near as much power to the ground!

selttijcmanit

Reaction score
My friend has a KTuner and can tune his car while driving and can also datalog, is there anything cheap like that for the F series or do you have to remove the chip to burn the EEPROM each time you want to upload??

capsidx

Reaction score
How do you plan to use shift solenoids with a manual transmission? Lol

selttijcmanit

Reaction score
I wouldn't even bother messing with the auto trans. You're just wasting money

I wouldn't if it cost me anything

The turbo is almost ready to install, head gasket comes tomorrow so we'll see how the homemade bits hold up, had to make adapters and such for a TD04L to T3 and had to mill some of the fittings to fit the different turbo..
This log manifold I have has no O2 port, do I drill and tap my own or am I missing something? I would love to have four O2s to monitor the mixture for data-logging so drilling and tapping may be necessary anyways

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Hey guys just found this OBD1 auto ECU that should be chippable but didn't come out of a VTEC car.. think it'll do??
You might be able to re-pin it for VTEC, but I really don't know. You might want to keep looking. Keep in mind that from 94 on, Honda kept adding more electronics to control the trans. Hell, even with the 6th gen Accord, there's 2 different AT's. One is 98-99, and the other is 00-02.

selttijcmanit

Reaction score
You might be able to re-pin it for VTEC, but I really don't know. You might want to keep looking. Keep in mind that from 94 on, Honda kept adding more electronics to control the trans. Hell, even with the 6th gen Accord, there's 2 different AT's. One is 98-99, and the other is 00-02.

I'm really considering just finding a 2 door manual with this engine to restart on, but it would carry its own problems too more than likely..
Did see a method today by adding injectors to the intake manifold and only engaging them during boost.. That combined with a MAP fooler should do the job until a better method

Back