Help me choose an amp?

mydailyruteen

Reaction score
hey guys i just purchased two (Pioneer TS-W309S4) being an audio newbie i don't know what amp to pair it with to get the most out of these speakers :eusa_doh:.any good suggestions? In a good price range? your help is appreciated =]. they are single 4 ohm 400 watts rms btw and i have two.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Get a monoblock class D amp rated 800-1000 watt rms and bridge your speakers.

Look into some hifonics, alpine, JL audio, fosgate, and just search on

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Get an amp that will run them at the RMS rating and not less.

Check on crutchfield.com as well for deals.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
There is no such thing as underpowering subs. Reasons to get a bigger amp: if you plan to play it at max all the time, or have less than adequate air flow for the amp, or think you might upgrade to more powerful subs in the future.

With that said, there is no such thing as overpowering the subs either. So if you have 2,000 W, just listen for distortion such as bottoming out and set the gain accordingly.

Some things like small form factor and reliability are worth more if you want them.

If you want to spend very little, this might suit you: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32466_RE-Audio-DTS-1500.1-DTS15001.html
This has a clipping light to help you set gains: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43362_JBL-GTO-751EZ.html
But there are many many more to choose from.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Not 2 b a d1€k or any thing but u don't want those, go 2 http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/ n look up some real audio stuff! U have prob never heard of any of the stuff on there but I bet the worst sub on this site is better then the 1s u got.

But if ur content on keeping ur pioneers a good 600 watt amp would b great. Get a 2 channel amp run it briged to 1 channel n hook up ur subs paralle so that ur running @ 2 ohms. Basically hook both of the subs up together that way u will b getting all the power out of ur amp just pm me if u have any ????s
Hope this helped

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Not 2 b a d1€k or any thing but u don't want those, go 2 http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/ n look up some real audio stuff! U have prob never heard of any of the stuff on there but I bet the worst sub on this site is better then the 1s u got.

But if ur content on keeping ur pioneers a good 600 watt amp would b great. Get a 2 channel amp run it briged to 1 channel n hook up ur subs paralle so that ur running @ 2 ohms. Basically hook both of the subs up together that way u will b getting all the power out of ur amp just pm me if u have any ????s
Hope this helped

Not a dick, just not thinking it through. He bought subs at about $50 a piece. Sundown, Stetson, Cresendo, Zed is nice, but you really think he wants to spend $300 or more on an high end amp considering what he bought already.

And two(2) 4ohm subs in parallel would be 2ohm. So with 99% of 2-channel amps only being 4ohm stable in bridged mode it would likely cause issue with the protection circuitry or damage the amp.

Its all in the deck for real

The deck makes little difference on the sound of subs since they are such high distortion anyway, from the relative large cone size and the amount it moves. If he needs more preamp voltage then a line driver would do the job and can be found for cheap.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Not a dick, just not thinking it through. He bought subs at about $50 a piece. Sundown, Stetson, Cresendo, Zed is nice, but you really think he wants to spend $300 or more on an high end amp considering what he bought already.

And two(2) 4ohm subs in parallel would be 2ohm. So with 99% of 2-channel amps only being 4ohm stable in bridged mode it would likely cause issue with the protection circuitry or damage the amp.

Ur right I wasn't thinkin that bridging a 2 channel would almost have 2 b run @ 4ohms. My bad

New suggestion, return those 12s n get 2 sundown E8v3s. They run around $90 ea they will hit just as hard if not harder then the pioneer 12s + it would take up less space. N when ppl ask u what u have they will $hit a brick when u pop the trunk n show them a pair of 8s

gt58

Reaction score
MAKE SURE THE AMP IS CEA COMPLIANT. dont buy any random 60 dollar amp that claims 1000 watts!! if an amp is cea complaint they have to pass and exceed that rated power. for example, my "1000" watt rockford fosgate amp actually pushes 1400 rms.

Back