Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 3/25/13

Awesome man, you'll love that Progress bar!

Yeah, its about time I actually did this, I'm pretty excited. Comes today, I'll get the thing on tonight, and wheels and tires will go to get put on tomorrow at a local shop.

Next week I'll get the alignment (gotta find out where I'm going to get one from) so at least I can drive it around for some fun, and get an apointment for the tune set for in the next few weeks!

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Well haven't gotten the sway bar in yet (Had to watch NHL playoff game #1 Wild/Blackhawks), but got the sway bar yesterday and it will go in tonight for sure. Quite a big difference in size and weight:

IMAG0341_zps2c2aefca.jpg

One question I had for anyone, if they have any experience between the softer and harder setting on this sway bar and could tell a difference? any input would be nice! And directions don't help with the install, any photos out there of it installed?

Last edited:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Alrighty, Got the sway bar in last night, had to cut off one exhaust hanger to get it out of the way of the sway bar, but other than that, it was fairly easy. I'll re-weld it on in another location at a later time when I have a chance.

It was a pretty tight fit, the OEM holes for the sway bar supports were almost too far out for this sway bar, had to almost twist one support 1/4" ****eyed to get the sucker in, anyone else have that issue or is it just me?

Exhaust hanger cut:
IMAG0344_zps0fb87f9e.jpg

End links in:
IMAG0345_zps34416f4f.jpg

Full sway bar in:
IMAG0346_zpsbfc1f3ec.jpg

I just put the sway bar on in the stiffest setting, and just see how it rides (can always change it at a later date).

Also, pulled the wheels off last night, and going to bring them in to get the tires swapped out. Gotta buy a ball joint luber for the end links to lube those suckers up, put on the tires, and then it's just an alignment and tune! :ioc:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Got the tires/wheels back and all good to go to drive!!!! :ohsnap:

Now its down to alignment and tune!

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Went to go start it yesterday, and the battery is completely drained.... brand new too.

There's some sort of constant draw on the battery that I have to find so this doesn't happen again.

Also, found a friend that works at a shop with an alignment rack, so going to use him for the alignment!

AFAccord

Reaction score

Went to go start it yesterday, and the battery is completely drained.... brand new too.

There's some sort of constant draw on the battery that I have to find so this doesn't happen again.

I HATE that! I think I have a small draw as well I need to address eventually.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

I HATE that! I think I have a small draw as well I need to address eventually.

It's quite annoying honestly, as I haven't driven it since the sway bar, and I really want to but cant yet.

My guess is that it is the MSD ignition as it's connected straight to the starter/battery connection and I need to re-wire it to the ignition source so it's switched and not always trying to draw a current off the battery. That's the only thing that I can think of that would draw such a current to kill the battery after a few days...

I'm getting the battery charged up today and test that theory tonight hopefully.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Go figure. Battery is COMPLETELY dead. Can't even recharge it. Ha. Go figure the one thing (a battery) I need to drive the car is defective and completely dead....

Waiting for the refund from Amazon.com to go through and just go buy another battery to see where this draw is coming from, fix it, and drive it. grrrr :eusa_wall:

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Got my refund and ordering a new battery today..... once I get it i'll find the draw and change where it's wired to so this doesn't happen again...

Back