K I'm giving up on putting the tweets in the dash lol

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Yup. Finally getting around to installing the Boston comps I bought over the winter. I popped out the stock tweeters, and was planning on mounting my tweets in the same spot, but its just not worth it. It was nice how the stock tweet baskets fit my new tweets too, but I've been staring at it for the last hour looking at how much of a pain in the *** its going to be to route the tweeter wire from the dash past the firewall into the engine bay, and then back out the bay into the rubber sleeve that holds the stock wiring to the doors.

Add on top of that I have a black car, so whenever I'm trying to find any holes in my firewall its a pain in the ***. I need a flashlight at like 2pm on a sunny day.

So, I'm just going to mount them in the sail panels lol. But I am curious, anyone actually bored to use the stock location? How long did it take you to fish all that wiring through?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
f using the stock location lol. i heard there was one spot where the stock tweeter wire comes through, and that is the ONLY way of getting a wire down behind the dash :( why are they going to the engine bay? the grommets to the doors start where the fusepanels are. theoretically, you should be able to drop the wire down from above and see it, then route it into the door. i had trouble enough last night running a wire from the door into the cabin on the passenger side.

the sail panel should give you better imaging without the reflections off the windshield. just test them and see where they sound best...pointed towards you, towards the center etc :)

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
OR

YOu can ust the stock location, bt run the wires down the side of teh dashboard through each fuse box like I did.

lyttleviet

Reaction score
dont give up man! put it in the OEM spot just take a little bit of time. Cut down the mounts on the inside of the tweeter cover and follow your stock wire down... Depending on how much power you are running to the tweeter you can just use the existing wires there and extend it behind the mid @ the door to run to your crossover.

Back