★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread [ 56k = ok.. for now ]

hey man,i have the GE polished Vac manifold for sale still in package i never used for my build..let me know if you need one.

mr. smith

Reaction score

as soon as i get back in town i will check with you and drop by!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

hey man,i have the GE polished Vac manifold for sale still in package i never used for my build..let me know if you need one.

Thanks man, but I already got an anodized black one.

as soon as i get back in town i will check with you and drop by!

Sweet deal! :thumbsup:

akoutmos

Reaction score

Lookin nice buddy. A little late here but about the plug gap. If you are getting an external coil i would go with a gap of like .032. If you are using the stock coil go like .025 (thats what i got them gapped to). Make sure you also get colder plugs.

The reason for this being that under boost the plugs will have a difficult time arcing if you got the stock coil (less voltage), so getting the grounding electrode closer to the center electrode will facilitate the arc.

Good luck with the build. Its great to see another boosted accord. Don't be a teaz, more pics plz

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Lookin nice buddy. A little late here but about the plug gap. If you are getting an external coil i would go with a gap of like .032. If you are using the stock coil go like .025 (thats what i got them gapped to). Make sure you also get colder plugs.

The reason for this being that under boost the plugs will have a difficult time arcing if you got the stock coil (less voltage), so getting the grounding electrode closer to the center electrode will facilitate the arc.

Good luck with the build. Its great to see another boosted accord. Don't be a teaz, more pics plz

More pics are on the way, as soon as Saturday! ;)

Thank you for your comments! I understand I need colder plugs - I will be running NGK V-Power Copper plugs. Those are 1 or two steps colder I believe, please confirm for me if anyone can. I am using stock coil/OBD2 dizzy, so I assume I will need a 0.025 gap. I have heard varying opinions, therefore I may settle with 0.028, or 0.030 to be safe. I guess it all depends on my specific engine and how it handles itself. I cannot wait. Less than 2 days! :badger:

- Nikita

mraw112

Reaction score

I ran my original plugs for a couple days and I never had any misfire. That was at about 5psi though. .03 should be fine.

Whats the wastegate you have set to?

juicebox00

Reaction score

nice nikita. i just found this now but it's gunna be a sick build

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

I ran my original plugs for a couple days and I never had any misfire. That was at about 5psi though. .03 should be fine.

Whats the wastegate you have set to?
I actually have no idea. How can I find out? Do I need to take that lid off the wastegate and check the spring? Are there markings? In addition to this, I will be usina a NXS manual boost controller.

nice nikita. i just found this now but it's gunna be a sick build
Thanks man, that's what I'm really hoping for :D.

Wow can't wait to see this finished.
Me either!! :rock:

Back