F23a1 turbo build

akoutmos

Reaction score
What ever you do don't go piggy back or drive the car untuned. If you want a budget programmable ecu go crome or something. hondata base s300's arn't too expensive either. And don't be a stranger, post some pics :D

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
so you say...your untuned at 7psi?..217whp? hows that holding up? whatd u do just bolt up the turbo and drive?

its been fine for over 4years going on same setup.
no my kit is custom almost everything is made from myself or a shop.
and im running a very old way of doing things an fmu and missing link setup.
wont give you the maximum power so in some case a waste of money..I have the correct setup but just other things happen before i put it on.ha

Reaction score
ohhh ok..well hell im fine with 217 whp and 238 wtq...that sounds very fine to me...if there was any other mod thatd get me that id be fine...but i get what youre saying...

Reaction score
What ever you do don't go piggy back or drive the car untuned. If you want a budget programmable ecu go crome or something. hondata base s300's arn't too expensive either. And don't be a stranger, post some pics :D

maybe i will do that..sounds logical...and ah pics...maybe...theyre all on DA

vtecaccord88

Reaction score
okay you guys convinced me to do it right...i just got a p28 ecu with jumper harness and its getting chipped and dyno tuned professionally by Profunction Performance.. I got the dsm 450cc injectors and the walbro is in..according to the tuner at Profunction is estimating 310-320whp at 15lbs...anybody think this is off?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
im thinking your motor will blow before 11psi. if you make it to 15 psi itl blow on the way home..factory block can only handle 8 safely.9 pushing limts,10 max for limited time.
but try it yourself and let us know how it went..be the 1st stock block making those numbers

vtecaccord88

Reaction score
supposedly there is a tuner in tennessee making like 312whp on stock motor so i dont know..i guess it might be possible...if it blows up though im doing the G23 swap

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
im thinking your motor will blow before 11psi. if you make it to 15 psi itl blow on the way home..factory block can only handle 8 safely.9 pushing limts,10 max for limited time.
but try it yourself and let us know how it went..be the 1st stock block making those numbers

:haysm9:

Well as you may know I have been turbo for a few years now, Making anywhere from 215-327whp, and 210-321 wtq.

I achieved my goal of seeing if a stock F23 could make 300whp.. done
I also achieved my other goal. Trying to make the most on a stock motor (even though I have head studs) I consider it stock. 327whp. I believe if its not the record its pretty damn close.

Here are my Recommendations/Observations for you guys.
F23 is a beast, No matter how many times I broke something I ALWAYS drove home (except breaking a diff)
Depending on the turbo 10 psi is dailyable, and very reliable.
13-15Psi your stock head bolts will stretch and your head will lift.
Making 300whp+ driving daily on stock pistons, to florida,racing any/everything. will eventually crack a ringland. (Or at least I believe is what happened)

So for those of you who catch my drift, I popped at piston the other night (probably just cracked a ringland) beating the hell out of her all night. I still drove it home, Its just a little down on compression for #3 cylinder.

Anyway. Now I try to decide wether to just throw another stock piston in her, try and find rods+pistons (to show you built motor guys how to really make power) or just put her together and part ways and start on a new project.

So to whom wanted to see how long I made 300+ whp, alittle over 3 months.
If you know me, you know that any/every where I go the car gets no mercy.
To others it may last longer....

:)

hotaccord243

Reaction score
You WILL crack a ringland if you push your stock block that far.
If you don't it won't last long. At All....

Not worth it.

Back