N/A to FI: AFAccord's 10:1 Comp Turbo F23 Build Thread/Restoration

AFAccord

Reaction score
I don't have a specific number because I bought a lot more than just parts for the motor. My tally came up to around $9.3k over about 6 months, but that's including the Legend brake setup, new coilovers, spare transmission, etc. It's probably closer to $4-5k for only the components for the motor, mostly from big-ticket items like $1300 for pistons and rods, turbo, intercooler, radiator and such were around $1000, plus cost of parts to build the manifold, and almost $800 in machine work.

orkavic

Reaction score
Thanks for that info. I was curious because when I start work on my Accord, I want to do it well, following in your footsteps I guess. Would you mind sharing a review of the results that you had with the build? I watched your youtube videos of the rides on the Autobahn, freaking awesome. Is there anything that you would have done differently? I know that you had some trouble getting control of the traction after build completion, what did you do to resolve that issue? I know that reliability was one of your concerns, has your attention to detail paid off in that respect?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Jason's attention to detail has always paid off, with all due respect, in every respect ^. Good build to follow. I may have some extra performance parts up for sale soon such as CP pistons and Crower rods.. Keep an eye out.

orkavic

Reaction score
Jason's attention to detail has always paid off, with all due respect, in every respect ^. Good build to follow. I may have some extra performance parts up for sale soon such as CP pistons and Crower rods.. Keep an eye out.

I would definitely be interested in those pistons and rods when you decide to sell them.

Chorilored

Reaction score
It’s been a while, but I’m just starting my build. Using this tread as a template. Anyway, how’s the engine holding up?
Did you ever consider a block guard? I just made one using devcon.

D7ACF377-7D34-4284-A38D-5F84E45F0AA6.jpeg

Back