Halabeaster54's CL Type S 6Spd/J35 Build

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
James I looked through your list real quick and estimated over 3 grand in parts so far ... Any idea how much more this project is going to cost you? Props for you following thru with this ... And just so you know you have officially scared me of this project lolz Hope everything turns out good for you man ... Damn it sucks converting our cars is so damn expensive lolz

SykVSyx

Reaction score
No you need it if your using an auto ecu. And yes the parts will be cleaned haha. I'm just making sure everything is Done right

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

I am keeping the swap auto as well, so I won't need it, and I think if I used the manual ECU/harness(for a 6spd swap), there shouldn't be any issue either, and Richie's harness wouldn't be needed.

I could be "doing it wrong", but I think you need his harness if you are using an auto harness for the 6spd swap.

Last edited:

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
No you need it if your using an auto ecu. And yes the parts will be cleaned haha. I'm just making sure everything is Done right

I am keeping the swap auto as well, so I don't think I will need it.

If your keeping the auto as well you'll be fine. It's very straight forward. Jovani, hguzman on here, did that. That's what i was going to do but i knew if I did that I would end up being unhappy in the long run. In the 1/4 he's running mid 14s with full bolt ons so its not that bad.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
James I looked through your list real quick and estimated over 3 grand in parts so far ... Any idea how much more this project is going to cost you? Props for you following thru with this ... And just so you know you have officially scared me of this project lolz Hope everything turns out good for you man ... Damn it sucks converting our cars is so damn expensive lolz

Yea if your not a mechanic this is very intimidating. Jovani, from my last post, is a mechanic and he's scratching his head over it. I'm just past the 3k Mark and still have more to get, small things mostly, but its still more money. When everything is running like it should I'll make a thread to clear things up for everyone.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I MAY eventually do a 6spd swap instead with this, but I haven't decided if I am going to do that yet.

I am gathering parts for a 6spd swap, but in the meantime, my wife may need to drive the car, so I am keeping it auto for now.

I have been waiting for an update from Jovani, so he kept his J35 swap auto as well?

I was reading Michael's(WHEEELMAN) thread on v6p, and found it helpful as far as which ECU/Harness to use, and with Paul(NVA-AV6) and a few other people's help(Chris, Eric, Mike), it seems like the J35 + 5spd swap is fairly straight forward. Just a matter of sourcing out reliable parts with low mileage and getting the necessary internals.

Were you not able to use the starter from your stock motor?

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I MAY eventually do a 6spd swap instead with this, but I haven't decided if I am going to do that yet.

I am gathering parts for a 6spd swap, but in the meantime, my wife may need to drive the car, so I am keeping it auto for now.

I have been waiting for an update from Jovani, so he kept his J35 swap auto as well?

I was reading Michael's(WHEEELMAN) thread on v6p, and found it helpful as far as which ECU/Harness to use, and with Paul(NVA-AV6) and a few other people's help(Chris, Eric, Mike), it seems like the J35 + 5spd swap is fairly straight forward. Just a matter of sourcing out reliable parts with low mileage and getting the necessary internals.

Were you not able to use the starter from your stock motor?

You need a manual starter for a manual transmission. Jovani is actually selling his whole Tl type s swap but he's in Maryland. He has a j32a2 not a j35. I have a j35. The auto swap is easy, The 6spd is hard but you get out of it what you put in.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
The TL-S swap was auto or manual?

Why not keep the J32 and build a J36?

He has like 3 J32a2s haha and his is an auto. He's doing a 6spd swap, he pretty much has all the parts off of an 05.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
He has like 3 J32a2s haha and his is an auto. He's doing a 6spd swap, he pretty much has all the parts off of an 05.

That's just greedy....and there are people in Canada that could use a J32.

The benefits of being a mechanic.....

Halabeaster54

Reaction score

That's just greedy....and there are people in Canada that could use a J32.

The benefits of being a mechanic.....

Ik haha he lives right next to a junkyard. He's gotten comptech headers, comptech exhausts, ect from there and its like $150 for a full engine. I'm so jealous of him. Everything is over priced in ny and there's nothing in Canada so i feel so bad for you.

I'm using my broken phone for this so there will be a loot of spelling mistakes since my screen is broken and its using auto carrot.

Back