H23a DOHC vtec swap?

vm6thgen88

Reaction score
Re: H23a DOHC vtec swap? need help

alright cool thanks man probably will get the immobilzer bypass to stay obdII better to be full function \

but the way you say about the evap system sounds kinda scary lol

wish i could find a write up on this sh**

Snoobly

Reaction score
You're still gonna be pretty sluggish with an auto tranny even with this engine, just sayin. Maybe when you're done with the swap YOU could write a write-up to help other people who come along and try to do this.
GL!

vm6thgen88

Reaction score
i dont see how it will still be sluggish the h22 swaps hall *** and ive seen them with auto trannies to the h23a dohc vtec was in the accord sir wagon
which is a heavier car the h23 has more torque than the h22 only thing is it doesnt rev as high stops at 6200 rpm

i will be doing a write up once i get all the info i need because i dont want to make any major mistakes tryin to do it right the first time there just isnt to much info out there on this

Snoobly

Reaction score
granted the gearing might be a little different. I can't imagine it'd perform much different than the V6 auto. I believe the V6 has more torque than your H23a here and with it's 4 speed auto, stock 5 speed 4 cylinders beat it. I was just saying i'd recommend the 5 speed swap for full potential if you're going to fork all this money into it. just my 2 cents bro.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
granted the gearing might be a little different. I can't imagine it'd perform much different than the V6 auto. I believe the V6 has more torque than your H23a here and with it's 4 speed auto, stock 5 speed 4 cylinders beat it. I was just saying i'd recommend the 5 speed swap for full potential if you're going to fork all this money into it. just my 2 cents bro.

this is very true.

i walked off on a j30 auto in my lightly modded f23 5spd.

they pull hard at first... but then the almighty top end of the f23 just walks right past it.

Back