Front Bumper Mod

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Your bumper/lip kit combo is looking really good! I always like the idea of the grill mod. But wanted to try adapting the 98'-00', "Type-R grll into the 01'-02' bumper to give it alittle more depth. What you have done so far though looks good. :thumbsup: Can't wait to see the finished product....

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
What you have done so far though looks good.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page, I am having a very expensive body shop do this for me. Wouldn't do this myself as I don't really have a) the resources b) the training

Can't wait to see the finished product....

You're telling me. I was so impatient I stopped by again this afternoon to make sure my custom rear bumper mod is going according to plan. UPDATE It is

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets just say the other car they're working on is a Jaguar XJ 220 ... Wikipedia that if you're too young to remember :)

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case you're interested here's the rear bumper mod ...

V6 01-02 accord coupes have this underspoiler attached below the bumper and between the two mufflers

img0626nolicenseplateup.jpg

However, to fit the BaysonR OE REplica rear lip

$(KGrHqVHJCUE9rPVHmYNBPcVC2Tnk!~~60_12.JPG

This piece must be removed

Therefore, I am having that underspoiler reattached back underneath the rear lip, so that there is no longer a void between the two mufflers, just like it was before.
As with the front bumper, all these components are molded together, sanded, primed, and painted.

Kinda like here, minus the reflective light strips

RearUnderSpoiler.jpg

Last edited:

Got02Accord

Reaction score
In case you're interested here's the rear bumper mod ...

V6 01-02 accord coupes have this underspoiler attached below the bumper and between the two mufflers

img0626nolicenseplateup.jpg

However, to fit the BaysonR OE REplica rear lip

$(KGrHqVHJCUE9rPVHmYNBPcVC2Tnk!~~60_12.JPG

This piece must be removed

Therefore, I am having that underspoiler reattached back underneath the rear lip, so that there is no longer a void between the two mufflers, just like it was before.
As with the front bumper, all these components are molded together, sanded, primed, and painted.

Kinda like here, minus the reflective light strips

RearUnderSpoiler.jpg

dont mean to thread jack, but anyone know anything about that overlay on the rear tail lights? i searched and i couldn't find anything on it.

Back