Resident ***hole
Reaction score
h23 dd is not bad of a tranny. i love mine

i do have a slight issue with highway speeds, but it is not a huge concern

AFAccord

Reaction score
what issue?

3000rpm @ 60mph, 3900rpm @ 80mph.

I highly recommend the H23 tranny swap, but if I was making 300+wtq, I'd honestly prefer the longer F23 tranny. Traction is already going to be an issue, shorting gearing will only make it worse. Plus, it's fun as hell to drive a car with tall gears and plenty of power. :)

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Wouldn't traction be better with the H23 because of the LSD? Also, wouldn't it need to use more torque to move an F23 compared to an H23?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
the 5th gear is a little too short for highway speeds. i cruise on interstates around 80mph which means 4k in fifth gear. on an unaltered f23 ecu, the last chance vtec can engage is 4200, so you really cant go faster than 80mph without going into vtec

AFAccord

Reaction score
Wouldn't traction be better with the H23 because of the LSD? Also, wouldn't it need to use more torque to move an F23 compared to an H23?

:thinking: The H23 doesn't usually come with LSD, so you're on the same level either way.

Yes, F23 would need more torque to accelerate at the same speed as an H23, but with taller gearing, traction is less of an issue, and IMO tall gears are more fun to drive with when you have the power. I only choose the H23 to compensate for my lack of power. :p

iHazSnail

Reaction score
lol @ lack of power.
I am ordering the h22 quaife today. Someone has to finally do this might as well be me.
Also guys, i have boost creep and was wondering if a boost controller would fix this or do i have to get my wastegate ported?

Jeremiah

Reaction score
I agree with AFAccord, I like tall gears with alot of power. I love the feeling of running up to over 100 in 4th, and then slipping it over to fifth, hitting 140 with over 1500 rpm left on the tach before redline. I would love to see a boosted H22 with f23 tranny....:D

I am really interested to see if the Quaife LSD will work in our tranny's. I would like to get either a quaife, or a waveloc LSD... I've had a arizona race machine LSD in for over 3 years... no problems, just curious what other setups yield. (yes, one year pre turbo, and 2 since, and I do not experience wheel slip.

Last edited:
Back