New To 6th Gen Accords / F23 Scene..

Reaction score
Glad to I'm not the only 1 who hates the condition of Michigan roads. Like my buddy said to me 2 weeks ago, if you can go a 1/2 a mile between pot holes, it's a good road.:henry: They just suck around here. To make things worse, I live between 2 sets of rail road tracks, and they are both terrible. Instead of fixing them, they just put up a "rough crossing" sign. :doh:

Sounds like you got a really good deal on your Accord. Nice. I paid 350 for mine, as it needed a harmonic balancer/lower pulley and the timing reset. After I made sure it wasn't making "expensive" noises, I replaced the timing belt with an Aisin timing bet kit from Rock Auto. I've replaced a bunch of stuff on it since. It's been a good car after doing a bunch of work to it. Lots of beer runs. :)

Oh, dude, I can tell you crazy stories about the roads. I got a little house on a dead end street now..but I grew up on a main road and rented the house from my Dad later on for a while. There was a quarry near me and loads of semis would drive by three times a day. There were HUGE potholes right before and right after my house. They would fill them and the fill would break up and pop out two weeks later. Because of the location of the holes, we'd find car parts on the side of the road and even in the yard. Exhaust tips, hub caps, nuts, bolts. I even found the mounting bolt / pin for a Honda alternator once. I'm talking about the main pin that goes through the back of the block. Hah! I found the last half of a cold air intake once. Filter and all. Popped out of the dudes pipe coupler and the whole thing must have fell out of the fender well. Had the K&N filter still attached. There's a lot of big stuff I'm not remembering right now. One thing we found that was amazing was a magnetic tracker that looked like something the feds would use to keep track of someone. I kept it in the garage and the feds never came for it, though. Hah.

Yeah, with all the new parts and new tires, I ended up paying $750 for the Accord. Was completely worth it. It was garage kept up until a month before I got it so it can be fixed up proper without feeling like I'm polishing a rusty turd.

I'm going to start a build / restore / fix thread here so I can keep a diary of everything I've done to it.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Oh, dude, I can tell you crazy stories about the roads. I got a little house on a dead end street now..but I grew up on a main road and rented the house from my Dad later on for a while. There was a quarry near me and loads of semis would drive by three times a day. There were HUGE potholes right before and right after my house. They would fill them and the fill would break up and pop out two weeks later. Because of the location of the holes, we'd find car parts on the side of the road and even in the yard. Exhaust tips, hub caps, nuts, bolts. I even found the mounting bolt / pin for a Honda alternator once. I'm talking about the main pin that goes through the back of the block. Hah! I found the last half of a cold air intake once. Filter and all. Popped out of the dudes pipe coupler and the whole thing must have fell out of the fender well. Had the K&N filter still attached. There's a lot of big stuff I'm not remembering right now. One thing we found that was amazing was a magnetic tracker that looked like something the feds would use to keep track of someone. I kept it in the garage and the feds never came for it, though. Hah.

Yeah, with all the new parts and new tires, I ended up paying $750 for the Accord. Was completely worth it. It was garage kept up until a month before I got it so it can be fixed up proper without feeling like I'm polishing a rusty turd.

I'm going to start a build / restore / fix thread here so I can keep a diary of everything I've done to it.

My buddy lives about 3/4's of a mile north of me on the same road (north of the double track), and had found large pieces of exhaust plumbing, license plates, fenders, and even a newer Impala rear bumper cover. :rotflmao: He got lucky when his own spare tire fell off in his driveway after crossing it. The plate that was holding it up had rusted thru/out, and the weight of the tire and bouncing across the tracks moved it just enough to release it. The bridge just down the road a little further is coming apart over I-69, and had only been replaced 10 years ago or so (after it had been hit by the bucket arm of a bucket loader).

Yeah, I paid 350 for the car, 50 bucks for the pulley and key (old key was bent, and the pulley slot was slotted about 5/8ths to 3/4's of an inch wide), 200 for a windshield, moved the tires and wheels off my 5th gen (so nothing extra out for them), about 300 in front end rebuild parts, 110 for a timing belt kit, 100 for a fuel tank (old one was rusted out/thru around the seam), and finally about 600 for a complete from manifold back exhaust (I went with a Magnaflow cat and cat back system), as the old set up had been welded on too many times and rust was eating thru the old factory stainless muffler. So I've got about 2000 in it total (including assorted bits and pieces), which isn't too bad. Doing all the work saved me a bunch of money, and allowed me to buy the parts I needed.

Last edited:

Enne

Reaction score
There were HUGE potholes right before and right after my house. They would fill them and the fill would break up and pop out two weeks later. Because of the location of the holes, we'd find car parts on the side of the road and even in the yard.
Up here we call those "axle breakers" :ugh:

I got my Accord for free but I've probably spent at least double that repairing it lol. But mine was in way worse shape too. Nothing huge or catastrophic to repair, just like tons of little things that're old or broken and need replaced lol.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I got my Accord for free but I've probably spent at least double that repairing it lol. But mine was in way worse shape too. Nothing huge or catastrophic to repair, just like tons of little things that're old or broken and need replaced lol.
Sounds like you ended up doing a me, replacing parts to get the maintenance caught up, as the PO didn't do the upkeep. At least that's what I kept telling myself. ;) Also it's what I keep hearing about these cars... keep the maintenance up and they'll run forever.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Oh, dude, I can tell you crazy stories about the roads. I got a little house on a dead end street now..but I grew up on a main road and rented the house from my Dad later on for a while.

I firmly believe a group of villagers from Botswana could build a better road than MDOT. The county was out today (in the rain) doing some "cold patching" on the street. :doh: we'll see how long that lasts/stays put. :drunk:

Enne

Reaction score
Sounds like you ended up doing a me, replacing parts to get the maintenance caught up, as the PO didn't do the upkeep. At least that's what I kept telling myself. ;) Also it's what I keep hearing about these cars... keep the maintenance up and they'll run forever.
Mine had been run low on oil (oil pan was leaking), running on 3 cylinders, then the front brakes started seizing and that was the "final straw" for the PO (who is my boyfriend lol) and then he gave it to me because he was tired of taking care of it/paying for insurance. So, I fixed it up and she's my favorite car now lol

Back