Oxygen Sensor CEL Help

Jokon

Reaction score
I have a 1998 Honda Accord EX V6 coupe. I don't have the code on hand but of what I can remember the code was a sensor malfunction for the upstream o2 sensor. I bought a new o2 sensor and the CEL still exist after resetting the ECU. It has twice in the past 3 weeks gone away for maybe 10 minutes total.
I have Megan Racing headers installed and I don't know if that is the problem or not but this is driving me nuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also when I get the chance I will post back with the exact CEL code.

001Stunna

Reaction score
It would help a lot to know what the code is so do post back at your earliest...lean, rich, o2 sensor heater code.

Jokon

Reaction score
Alright. I'll try. I don't get out of work until 3pm. I'll attempt a stop at an advanced auto some point after I get out. Thanks for the reply.

finch13

Reaction score
Even a non-OEM sensor should work half ***.

Depending on the code, check the wiring harness back to the main trunk for any rubbing or pinching. The sensor gets power and grounds itself through the computer, so if it were a ground issues, you'd probably have a bunch of other codes too.

Tone-us

Reaction score
I had a very similar problem. I bought a bosch oxygen sensor and it didn't work out too well. Since I have a ULEV engine I needed an OEM sensor for that particular eninge.... I think it had something to do with the ulev needing feedback faster from the oxygen sensor than what the bosch was doing?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
check the installation, check cel code again. make sure its not the o2 sensor on ur cat.

headers dont matter, but a test pipe will cause a DTC.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
oem or denso only

QFT!

I tried to cheap out and put an Bosch 02 sensor in my car and got worse gas mileage than with my broken OEM sensor that was throwing a code. I could only pull 200 miles/tank with the Bosch sensor where with my broken OEM one, I pulled 300.

Back