h22a4 swap help!

cudablack2004

Reaction score
Hey whats up guys seen alot of posts on h22 swaps but none didnt apply to my setup...for starters i have a 98 accord lx with a f23a1 and im planning on swapping my h22a4 in... my main concerns are this? 1. will my f23a1 single plug dizzy work on that motor? 2. can i use my 97-01 prelude harness that came with the motor in my car? 3.can somebody identify this 37820-p13-no1 ecu that another friend has given to me 4.can i use a p75 chipped with crome if i was to convert to obd1?

Erik123456789

Reaction score
the p13 ecu came out of an obd1 prelude so you will most likely be able to use it since your going to swap over to an h22.. and you can use the p75 too.. i think thats out of an ls integra so it doesn't have vtec, BUT you can just chip it so it does.

Erik123456789

Reaction score
o yea and about the dizzy question.. the h22a4 dizzy has two plugs and the f23 harness only has one plug so you won't be able to just plug it in, that's where your gonna have to do some rewiring to make it all work.

cudablack2004

Reaction score
since the motor is obd2 will i run into any issues using a harness out of a 97+ prelude to plug and play all componentson the motor? im just trying to atleast make the wiring part as easy as possible since the swap itself is gonna be a work

cudablack2004

Reaction score
A buddy of mines has a ecu out of a 2001 prelude...will it be easier to reprogram that ecu than searching for a obd2 p13?

Drift

Reaction score
A buddy of mines has a ecu out of a 2001 prelude...will it be easier to reprogram that ecu than searching for a obd2 p13?

You'll need to de-immobilize (<-double negative?) it if you want to do that.

cudablack2004

Reaction score
With all the help and advice which i appreciate heres a list of what i have and please correct me if i need to swap a part out...h22a4 motor and dizzy. 97-01 prelude harness. obd2-obd1 conversion harness. obd1 p13-no1 ecu. clutch and flywheel. using all my mounts and axles and trans.

98acclude

Reaction score
if you use an obd2 ecu make shure you use a jdm ecu as they do NOT have immobilizers... I have the jdm type s ecu (p5p) and doesnt have an immobilzer... I have a 98 lx but I needed a jumper harness to run the ecu... I think it was obd2a to obd2b jumper harness... I got it off of rywire... but email them explaining what you want to do... I emailed them and told them I had a 98 accord and was going to be running a p5p ecu out of a 00 prelude for my h22a4 out of a 99 prelude... I also sent them my wiring harness from both the prelude and the accord and told them that I was going to be running a h22a4 out of a 99 prelude in my 98 accord... and they did it for a couple hundred buck but it was so much easier than trying to figure out how to wire up the distributor... cause that was the only part me n my buddy couldnt figure out how to wire up... the swap takes a little time the hardest part of acutally putting the motor in the car is the driverside mount but that's not too bad once you figure out what to do. :) but good luck cuda! if you have ne more questions just pm me and I'll see what I can do! I got pics of problem areas n stuff too so just hit me up

cudablack2004

Reaction score
Decided to go the obd1 route guys til emissions come back around i have 2 years to figure it out as of today i decided to do my swap starting friday and i wanna make sure that its cool to use the prelude harness instead of the accord harness correct me if im wrong though

Back