brake issue

accordmatt

Reaction score
ok so l just replaced broke wheel studs. afterwards when l brake it stops to slow and then slips at last min. i have to left off brake then hit it again to stop. i also do hear a small grinding noise when this happens. i just replaced the brake pads, filed down rotors. ive taken them off and checked everything many times. im stuck any ideas? thanks

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the brake pedal push all the way down to the floor? You might have air in the brake line. Did you bleed the brake lines when you changed the brake pads. Also check your brake fluid.

Last edited:

accordmatt

Reaction score
no air in lines and fluid level is fine. its something binding up the round center of rotor has a fresh metal scrap but l dont see anything scrapping it

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might be the brake pad retainer clips, the dust cover or even the caliper bolts. Not sure... take some pic or video and post it.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
jack up the car and turn the wheels manually... have someone brake while u look at what's causing the sound.. it kinda weird that all tht was caused by new pads... u didn't touch the brake lines, so there shouldn't be an air in the system...

accordmatt

Reaction score
i wanna lean towards clips because of how it sounds. but ive removed them n check over everything i will have to try to manually turn while someone breaks hopefully that will find it

Back