Photography Shoutbox

xluben

Reaction score
Was bored, so I went to the Dome for some HS baseball. Only got 2 innings.

530850259_tknb3-L.jpg

530850585_zyov7-M-1.jpg

530863946_b8zse-L-1.jpg

530852683_XHUHm-L.jpg

I tried for this type of shot on nearly every pitch. Out of the 30 or so I took, this was the best one :(

FYI, trying to focus on the ball, with the player out of focus. Unfortunately there is a coach in this shot (after the game) :ughrun:

530853498_3DZE8-L.jpg

xluben

Reaction score
How'd you do this shot?
Manually focus the camera slightly in front of the pitcher, hope for good timing :D

Here's another:

530853827_Lk5LJ-L.jpg

They pale terribly in comparison to how this shot should look (not a photoshop trick):

3457957396_d61fa65572_o.jpg

Raymond

Reaction score
Did you take that last one? Or is that what you WANTED to take? lol

I see a couple of like-new 70-200s for $1400 shipped on POTN... I think it may be a good ideaaaaaaaa

Nismode

Reaction score
Grr... why does smugmug keep stripping the EXIF info!
What's the data on those images?

And damn, I might need to register on POTN forums.

finch13

Reaction score
Was bored, so I went to the Dome for some HS baseball. Only got 2 innings.

Should've shot me a PM... I woulda gone.

Grr... why does smugmug keep stripping the EXIF info!
What's the data on those images?

And damn, I might need to register on POTN forums.

A lot of things will strip it... sometimes I'll find my EXIF stripped out of photoshop...

I've noticed that if I add IPTC data to the file through Aperture, it will keep it in there for some reason...

It should be REQUIRED, I usually look at the EXIF info on most of the pics posted.

I try to stay away from POTN... the images on their will make you feel very unskilled an inadequate quickly. And it gets updated so often and has so many members it's hard to become a "regular", unless you're a pro and spend you life between there and behind the camera.

Nismode

Reaction score
Should've shot me a PM... I woulda gone.

A lot of things will strip it... sometimes I'll find my EXIF stripped out of photoshop...

I've noticed that if I add IPTC data to the file through Aperture, it will keep it in there for some reason...

It should be REQUIRED, I usually look at the EXIF info on most of the pics posted.

I try to stay away from POTN... the images on their will make you feel very unskilled an inadequate quickly. And it gets updated so often and has so many members it's hard to become a "regular", unless you're a pro and spend you life between there and behind the camera.
Lol I know I'm not a pro so it would only strive me to do better.

What's IPTC data?

finch13

Reaction score
Lol I know I'm not a pro so it would only strive me to do better.

What's IPTC data?

It's the geographical data, copyright shiet and some other stuff. I would post a screenshot of it, but I'm on mobile internet and the upload is slow as balls.

Nismode

Reaction score
It's the geographical data, copyright shiet and some other stuff. I would post a screenshot of it, but I'm on mobile internet and the upload is slow as balls.
Tethering? Smartphone?

Do a screenie when you get a chance.

Back