involved in an accident

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
well, just got back from hawaii 2 days ago, and things have been happening... came back, and found out my battery for the accord died... took it out and brought it autozone to get it recharged...

on the way there (it was a 1 mile drive back and forth), i got rear-ended real bad in my integra!!! i was at a red light, and i saw this ford focus coming really fast behind me.... so, i braced myself for the impact... the guy braked REALLY late, and i heard the screech of his tires...good thing i was prepared for the impact... dun know what would happen if i wasn't prepared for it :eek:

anyways, his car was soooo ****ed up... front end was messed up, and his car couldn't start... for the teg, the rear bumper, trunk, and rear quarter panel was messed up.. i think the insurance will salvage it tho... so, here's my question for the night....will the insurance company look at the market value for the car or the value i gave them when i first got the policy when determining if it should be repaired or salvaged?

to make things worse, i found out my battery was bad.. couldn't even charge... got a new one tho... man, today's been a ****ty day for me :mad:

02blkaccordcpe

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man. Do you mean to ask if the insurance will total the car? I'm pretty sure a salvaged title happens when your car is repaired after it was declared a total loss. Anyway, I think the insurance commpany will give you the current value of the car, not the value when you first insured it, if they do decide to total it. Good luck with everything though.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
well, seeing tht it's a 92 integra with KBB value of abt $2500 (approx), i think 70% chance tht they'll declare it a total loss... damn i love tht car... maybe i'll pick up another one :D

cdubb77

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
well, seeing tht it's a 92 integra with KBB value of abt $2500 (approx), i think 70% chance tht they'll declare it a total loss... damn i love tht car... maybe i'll pick up another one :D

They'll probably total it since it's 14 years old. Glad you're o.k. though. Just take the check and do more mods to the Accord. :D

angelplus

Reaction score
yeehaw! thank god it wasnt your accord ;) Sorry to hear about your teg... now when they give you 2500 for it... spend it wise on your accord ;)

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Yeah, that really sucks bad
But like others said. Good thing it wasn't the Accord.

I'll be on the Integra boards they're saying "Dam, that sucks, you should have drove the Accord"

To answer your question about insurance. They will go with what the car currently retails for. UNLESS you have a lot of mods and equipment that makes the value of the car go higher, but then you'll have a higher premium to pay. but at least everything is insured which includes stock and aftermarket stuff.
But most people just get basic insurance and begin modding their car and then crash it and get pissed cause insurance will only go by what the car retailed for stock.
Good luck

Back