Doing H22 swap tomorrow need some help

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Doing an H22 swap tomorrow on my 98 accord. Using a OBD2 97 prelude engine I need to keep OBD2 for emissions so I am planning on running a 96 prelude computer. Will that work? I want to use a 96 prelude computer because it is OBD2, programmed for the H22 and the preludes didn't have a security chip in the keys in 96. Does anyone have the pinouts of a 98 4cyl 5 speed accord and the pinouts for a 96 5 speed prelude so I can verify? So ideas on this? I have a cut 97 prelude harness I can use if the plugs vary on engine sensors between the F23 and the H22.

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Ok so It looks like the prelude ecu is obd2a and the accord ecu is obd2b. So a conversion harness is needed or lots of splicing. I will just get the conversion harness if I can get it at the local speed shop tomorrow for $50 or less otherwise I got a full obd2a and obd2b pin out diagrams. 96 prelude ecus are rare and I could only find 3 in the entire country, so 97-01 non-sh ecu and matching key will be needed.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
I went that route with a H22A4 using a P13-A12 96 Prelude vtec SI ecu. You will need the conversion harness for sure also look in my older thread for more info.

Last edited:

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Ok ordered a 96 prelude vtec ecu and a obd2b to obd2a harness adapter. Both should be here tomorrow. So the computer should be plug and play with now imobilizer key issues.

bjorkmae

Reaction score
dreman can you post a link to your old h22 swap thread. I searched by your user name and I could only find comments you made an another h22 swap but not your own.

Back