Locked your keys in your car? No problem!

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Disclaimer: This is for learning purposes only and should only be used if you have locked your keys in your car. This should not be used for any illegal breaking and entering.

Tools: Flat head & ziptie

Basically, I was at a friends place tonight and I locked my car, went back to get something out of the trunk and closed it with my keys still in the trunk.

Lock the zip tie with enough space to fit 2 fingers.
Pry the top right corner a bit with the flat head to fit the zip tie in.
Wiggle it down to the bottom and loop it over the lock
Tug gently to tighten the zip tie and pull up

Most lock smiths will charge anywhere from $30-$70 (especially past business hours). This took me 5 minutes, if that.

photo-1.jpg

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Lol, don't go around showing people how go steal other peoples car now.

But seriously, it helps a lot for people who locked their keys in their car, but also makes it easier for theft. Will keep this in mind incase I ever lock my keys in my car again. *knocks on wood.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
LOL. This was a rare occasion that I locked my keys in my car and I just tried this method real quick to see if I could get in and it worked. Most locks now dont poke up as much as ours do or the lock is next to the door handle.
Oh and if you drive a honda, chances are you have zip ties laying around -__-'

Last edited:

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score
So how loud was your alarm when it went off? :lawl:

But thanks to you I'm gonna be extra paranoid of thieves haha good idea though!

cyen008

Reaction score
i made a plastic copy of my key that can only open my trunk and doors at triple A, anyone who has AAA should get one made! saved me like 10 times already :] and its free if you're a member or even if you know someone is a member and they bring you to a AAA office.

Back