Cold Start issues

Roadrashvtec

Reaction score
Well I did a search and I couldn't find anything but this is how it goes.
Basically almost everytime I start my car when it's cold I shift into DRIVE and when I hit the accelerator it doesn't want to accelerate and it shakes and the motor sounds like it's coughing back up out of the intake. Sometimes it even pops a couple times. So then when I'm having that issue I take it out of drive and throw it in neutral and gas it a little and it seems to help because I'm taking off engine load, and after it goes past 2000rpm it runs better then eventually I can put it back into DRIVE and go on with my day.

So basically when I start it up and accelerate in drive it stuggles and doesn't go past 2000rpm, the car shakes and doesn't acclerate and a poping sound comes out of the intake. I did run a dianostics awhile back and it was showing up that my car was running too lean. So I'm guessing my injectors are dirty or somthing related to that.

I did put the STOCK intake on and it did the same thing with the SRI on so I'm guessing it's not that ehy?

SeanXtec

Reaction score
If the diagnostic showed that you are running lean....then why haven't you done anything about it. Why would you even run your car under those conditions? Here are some simple steps to follow that will help you fix your problem: Take it to a mechanic....and have them fix it.

mlp2435

Reaction score
similar issue with my mustang... i ran lucas fuel injector cleaner through it and problem solved. came back a few weeks later and it turned to be the IACV on it

Roadrashvtec

Reaction score
yeah Im no retard I ran a dianostic tool with my instructor and we over looked the possible reasons and we determined it was the injectors so we ended up putting in injector cleaner then after a Trip the code went away then came back a month later. So I'm guessing my injectors are dirty so I'm going to run Lucas thru then wait and see if it continues then I'll go and just get them cleaned. Otherwise I'll just go anyways to get them cleaned ;>)

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
yeah Im no retard I ran a dianostic tool with my instructor and we over looked the possible reasons and we determined it was the injectors so we ended up putting in injector cleaner then after a Trip the code went away then came back a month later. So I'm guessing my injectors are dirty so I'm going to run Lucas thru then wait and see if it continues then I'll go and just get them cleaned. Otherwise I'll just go anyways to get them cleaned ;>)

sea-foam that 13itch

Back