Does Honda Accord have rivals?

rooky

Reaction score
Anyone know if our Honda Accord has any rival cars in terms of street performance?

E.G. Caliber SRT and Mazda Hatch 3 are rivals

james'99

Reaction score
The Civic is the car with rivals really. It is hard to say. Maybe the more modern Accords would compete with something like the Genesis?

It sounds sad but Accord vs. Camry?

It makes the newer Accords sound so much less aggressive than they really are. The Accords compete in a class for luxury more so.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
There are lots of cars that try to be like it. Camry, Taurus, Maxima, etc... Anything about that size, from everyone.

But none come close in terms of reliability. Sure, they may be a bit better here, or there, when they are new. After 100,000 miles, now they are dead even. Add another 100,000 miles, the Accord takes lead. Add another 100,000 miles, who knows if they can push that junk that far, I'll be waiting.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
accord and performance should not belong in the same sentence :lawl:

and SRT vs Mazda3...? really now?

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
EG, SRT, Mazda3? Not so much, more like most other manufacturers in the mid size sedan/coupe class... Think more along the lines of front wheel drive family sedan/coupes like, Altima, Maxima, Camry, Tarus, etc. Maybe G6, Mazda6, Fusion.

Street Performance isn't really a concern in this class. What we have is a great looking, (mostly) reliable, comfortable car that with a little help we can breach into the marginal performance class.

Last edited:

rooky

Reaction score
accord and performance should not belong in the same sentence :lawl:

and SRT vs Mazda3...? really now?

Darkside you need to update your rumors right here because from a honest standpoint my brother has a dodge caliber srt and it occasionally fall victim to rape from the Mazda 3 hatchback.:roflbow: The thing is when you drive a particular car and suddenly get pulled on by some knuckle head want to race, you're like "uh road rage" but the knuckle is like "whaat!! my rival."

sb001

Banned
Reaction score
There are lots of cars that try to be like it. Camry, Taurus, Maxima, etc... Anything about that size, from everyone.

But none come close in terms of reliability. Sure, they may be a bit better here, or there, when they are new. After 100,000 miles, now they are dead even. Add another 100,000 miles, the Accord takes lead. Add another 100,000 miles, who knows if they can push that junk that far, I'll be waiting.

I consider xci.ed6 to be one of the classiest posters on here-- that said, I strongly disagree with the sentiment that the Camry and Maxima can't hold their own against the Accord in terms of reliability-- there are plenty of those running around with well over 200,000 miles.
Especially considering the well documented UNreliability of the 6th gen Accord's automatic transmissions. The Camry and Maximas don't have those issues.

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
IMO, unreliable transmissions are an indicator of unreliable owners.

When I see a failure maybe my opinion will change!

Back