Civic but not accord

capsidx

Reaction score
Since there isn't any aftermarket for the CG, looks like I gotta get a new car and make that my project car...
A person a friend of mine knows died in a motorcycle accident recently.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Accidents happen. Sketch never said he speeds everywhere. You cant really say hes going to crash just because your friend did.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
that's unfortunate about the death, but with motorcycles, that chance raises significantly compared to driving a car around. just the assumed risk you take on when you get into it. the best you can do is to always be aware of what's going on around you and the direction you're headed in, and also to not ride outside of your ability.

datechboss101

Reaction score
Accidents happen. Sketch never said he speeds everywhere. You cant really say hes going to crash just because your friend did.
I was just pointing a safety thing out, as motorcycles are fun to drive, but also they can kill you or leave you with life long injuries, if something goes wrong.

capsidx

Reaction score
I was just pointing a safety thing out, as motorcycles are fun to drive, but also they can kill you or leave you with life long injuries, if something goes wrong.

So can a car lol. I fact I think cars are worse because you cant feel yourself losing control at high speeds until its too late. You are safer in a car when it comes to collisions but with a bike usually the car you hit is fine and you get wrecked. When its a car on car crash a lot of people get hurt so theyre both bad lol

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is why I still have nearly all the parts that I bought for my old accord. I honestly kick myself sometimes for not buying two of the exhaust I have b/c they were on clearance at half price for awhile and I've never seen anyone else with it.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

actually, motorcycles, just like guns, can't kill anyone :lawl: it's all up to the rider and every other motorist on the road.

This is why I still have nearly all the parts that I bought for my old accord. I honestly kick myself sometimes for not buying two of the exhaust I have b/c they were on clearance at half price for awhile and I've never seen anyone else with it.

i still have some parts too...for just in case :lawl:

datechboss101

Reaction score
actually, motorcycles, just like guns, can't kill anyone :lawl: it's all up to the rider and every other motorist on the road.

i still have some parts too...for just in case :lawl:
I am actually in need of parts to build my CG5 and to give her some character.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
just the assumed risk you take on when you get into it. the best you can do is to always be aware of what's going on around you and the direction you're headed in, and also to not ride outside of your ability.

Same mentality when driving an old classic car. Those don't have those fancy air bags and ABS to save your butt. In fact some old cars still have drum brakes on all 4 corners (my buddies 71 Ventura is like that).
In the summer months I drive my air cooled VW. It's a 65 that I added lap belts to, as it didn't even come with seat belts. I've done a few other things to it like adding disc brakes up front, but there's only so much you can do besides drive on the defensive.
Biggest thing I watch for are idiots with their phone shoved in their ear blocking part of their vision. I've almost been 3 accidents like that, not to mention the idiots blowing thru stop signs, or being ran over by a semi truck.
You either need to be seen, or pay attention to your surroundings.

Back