UPDATED: Evan's Quest for a J32 6MT 6GA

TurboAccord99

Reaction score
Thank you. But what is C302 on, the ECU? And then I'm assuming the C103 is the two ends of the engine harness that go into the ECU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Accord:
C302 connects the dashboard wire harness A to the left engine compartment wire harness in the accord. It's gray with 8 cavities.

C103 connects the left engine compartment wire harness to the engine wire harness. It's gray with 14 cavities

On the CLS:
The engine coolant temp sensor (ECT) is grey with two cavities. On the engine wire harness, it looks like the ECT connects to the ECM via connector A (13). This is then output from connector E (14) to the gauge cluster via connector B (3).

Again, I remember reading somewhere that the signals used by the Accord cluster and CLS cluster may be different, so I am not sure connecting in the same fashion will get the gauge to work.

Good luck! Let me know if I can look up any more info for you.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
So here we are with the usual roadblock story of the week:

Bought another sensor, but this time it wasn't an OEM one. Bought a 3 wire magnetic sensor compatible with MegaSquirt, since most 3 wire sensors are identical. It was threaded, longer, and easier to get. Well, all went well getting it in the spot and reading the flywheel. Set the air gap to 50/1000's of an inch (recommended) and started the car.

Now I either forgot that the flywheel has 3 raised parts for the original sensor to read, but the sensor snapped when it hit that. So thats the 3rd sensor that either doesnt work or is broken. So now I'm just done with it for a bit. Still looking for anything that will help me out though

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
So it's been a while.

Still havent been able to rev over 2,000 rpm. I've talked to countless people, had people come out and look at it, changed parts that I thought would help, and so far nothing has worked.

So far, here is what I have tried:

Tested both TPS (from J30 and J32 TB's) -both are fine
Blocked and unblocked EGR - no change
Swapped J30 and J32 TB's - no change
Tested both MAP's - both are fine
Swapped IACV's on both TB's - no change
Drilled hole in AV6 trans for CLS6 Crankshaft Sensor - no change
Tested Crankshaft Sensor A (timing side) - tested fine
Re-timed Car - no change
Swapped Front Cam Gear for Manual Gear- no change
Swapped Crank Gear for Manual Gear and Exciter ring - no change
Reset ECU - no change
Deleted codes - no change

Maybe it's not getting fuel pressure past 2k and that's why its cutting out. I'm grasping at straws at this point

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Bump. Tried changing for a Type S coolant temp sensor to see if that was the issue, and temp change did not move again.

So another thing to cross off the list. Maybe one day I'll figure it out.

On another note, I found a V4 Version of Richie's Harness. So I'll most likely be adapting that to a Boomslang OB2 jumper so I can unplug it whenever, and this way it'll be plug and play.

dthao6

Reaction score
I haven't read through all the pages but I am tackling this swap next week. I have a j32a2 true manual with cl-s 6spd and I'll be swapping it in a 2001 sedan (idk if theres any difference in wiring). Hopefully I don't run into that cutout problem.. I'll keep you updated when I get it running and tested..

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
I haven't read through all the pages but I am tackling this swap next week. I have a j32a2 true manual with cl-s 6spd and I'll be swapping it in a 2001 sedan (idk if theres any difference in wiring). Hopefully I don't run into that cutout problem.. I'll keep you updated when I get it running and tested..

There is very little difference in wiring. It's near the same. I doubt you'll run into the 2k rev limit, as it seems I am the only one who has experienced it due to the extreme lack of posts about it. I've seen almost no posts about this issue regarding the J series. But I wouldn't worry too much about it. I don't see how my trans could be this issue, but it is very possible at this point due to what I have tried. Just make sure you have everything together. If you need any help, don't hesitate to shoot me a message, text, or call. Just PM me and I'll send you my number

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
e75d8d4515c6fe46c3af9590a255e09d.jpg

Here is what I have done so far. I'm sure I've forgot to put things on here as well

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Haven't updated this in a bit.

Took out all the manual bits from the engine and interior and swapping it back to the stock J32 auto ECU and engine harness for Richie's swap module.
So Whats Taken Out:
--Manual Front Cam Gear
--Manual Crank Gear w/Exciter Ring
--Manual CLS6 ECU
--Manual CLS6 "E-Plug"
--Manual Crank Sensors
--Manual Engine Harness
--Matching ignition cylinder and key

So now I'm trying to figure out to wire Richie's in. Some of my trans sensors do not hook up, such as the reverse lockout right behind the starter. Few other miscellaneous ones too. If anyone can indicate on which ones I won't need or has an idea, let me know.

TurboAccord99

Reaction score
I have a set of the instructions for his module if that's what you need.

Back